1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Question Help me SEO experts

Hello Guys,

I need some guidance from some seniors or who ever know this subject very well.

You all are aware that Smart Phones are really in big demand and the market of smart Phones is growing very fast. As there are lots of Applications are available for iPhones, Android Phones and Black berry

The Question here I want to know is how to do SEO for Smart phones? I think Mobile SEO is really on the next door so please help me guys on this subject.

I am really clueless here so Asking you guys.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Mobile Seo tips

The use of cell phones is increasing and so is the need for mobile seo.The strategy for mobile seo is explained below:-

1- First thing to consider is the website resolution.Different phones have different screen size and therefore different resolution,hence prepare your site accordingly.

2- Keep it as simple as you can.Less images and less scrolling so that the downloading time is less.

3- Make your website more appealing to mobile search,give the users accurate information right from the beginning of the landing page.Prepare your pages with XHTML.

4- Remember screen could be 2x3 inches,so use basic fonts,no background colors,basic forms,no flash,unless very necessary.

5- Install Google webmaster tools to fetch you the exact information of your site.

6- Optimizing for local search is very necessary as smartphones are now using GPS location.Sites like Foursquare and Gowalla advertise directly into one's mobile based on the location.

7- Optimize your pages with relevant keywords.

8- Use mobile adwords to promote your business on the mobile.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

When designing your CSS for handheld web browsers, here are a few things to consider:

1.You have very limited screen real estate. About 2◊3 inches or so.
    2.All fonts should be in their most basic format. Forget about color and typography.
    3.All images should be striped out, unless they are absolutely necessary.
    4.Remove all advertising as you already have limited screen space.
    5.If you donít need it, hide it. Remove any Google Friend Connect, Facebook Fan Box or other third party services. Focus on your content.
    6.Remove all background colors. Basic black text on a white background is good.
    7.Create basic forms, if you choose to keep them. My advice would be to remove them and just showcase the phone number. They are on their cell phone after all.
    8.Remove Flash, Java and any plug-in content unless absolutely necessary.
    9.All in all, simplify.
    If you run a WordPress blog, you can use a WPtouch iPhone Theme plug-in to automatically create a small-screen friendly version of your blog.

If you want to view your site as if you were on a mobile browser, here are a few choices:

ēWeb Developer extension for Firefox. It allows you to overwrite the web style sheet with the handheld one if a site has one. If not, itíll just show the site without any CSS styles.
    ēiPhone simulator called iPhoney. It looks cool, but since the iPhone really doesnít render a striped down version of a site, itís more of a toy.
    ēOpera Mini browser. There is an online version and itís free. Simply put in a URL and itíll render a website as if it was on a mobile phone.

Source : toprankblog.com
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Thank you guys for your input