Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

HELP HELP HELP - Is it Spam ?

Hello SEO Professionals

One of my friend hired a company from India for his SEO. I did check their(that SEO Company) own web site and i can see their own web site has 100s of Keywords in Titles, META and COntent Tags.

URL is http://www.ace-smart.com/

Is it Spamming or not ?
    Last edited by ClickyB; Jan 26th, 2007 at 01:07 PM. Reason: removed link (who'd want to link to that)!
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

It's a pathetic attempt to be a SEO but Meta DATA is not spam [at least that which will get you penalized or banned...

They just suck!
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

its called keyword stuffing. doing this can get your site penalized by search engine specially google
  7. rod@missionop.com

Originally Posted by d6rth7ader
    its called keyword stuffing. doing this can get your site penalized by search engine specially google
    Rubbish! Please show 1 example of a penalty for keyword stuffing in Metas.

They "ignore" it... that's it!
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Any help with such tactics ?

Originally Posted by fathom

Even their own rankings for their own keywords = Nothing

Is there anyone else who could thorugh some light on this so called SEO company ? -

So my friend could be satisfied how he is being cheated just for so-called Companies
  11. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

competitiveness of keywords in terms of "seo" "company"
  13. Contributing User

Originally Posted by fathom

Search engine ignoring a site in itself IS a penalty.
    Keyword Meta Questions Answered
    HTAccess Redirects

Adversity is a spice when added to life makes the dish more interesting.

A magic marker is a SEO's "Easy Button".
  15. I Never Finish Anythi
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

I think..(i dunno if he really meant that) he meant that SE`s ignore Meta content after a few words.. or incase, they are too much too handle.. and he didnt meant ignoring the complete site.. not sure if thats exactly what he meant..

Fathom, kindly clarify..
    Link Diary - Build Links Fast & Easy. Similar to Linkmarket, with option of three way link exchange and anchor rotation.

**"Save SEO Industry - GO VIRAL!! - Tips and Tricks ."**
    **"Live, not just to survive, But to Rule."**
  17. Roll the dice.. and live

Originally Posted by lovekills_s
    I think..(i dunno if he really meant that) he meant that SE`s ignore Meta content after a few words.. or incase, they are too much too handle.. and he didnt meant ignoring the complete site.. not sure if thats exactly what he meant..

Fathom, kindly clarify..
    Fathom (as usual) is correct. SE only read a certain amount of characters in meta then..... just ignore. Stuffing metas does not generate penalties it just shows imcompetence... If your friend wants to give their money away Im sure there are more worthwile charity cases than incompetent indian SEO companies.

Still life is abount learning.. a good lesson for your friend here.. Cheap is not often associated with quality. Still ya never know...... maybee he'll get lucky. The twilight zone is a concept..
    Live the moment
  19. Moderator
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Originally Posted by itsonlychand
    Hello SEO Professionals

One of my friend hired a company from India for his SEO. I did check their(that SEO Company) own web site and i can see their own web site has 100s of Keywords in Titles, META and COntent Tags.

URL is http://www.ace-smart.com/

Is it Spamming or not ?
    Looks like a jack-of-all trades site. Let me give you some tips for seo sites. Real seo don't offer registration plans. This site does: http://www.ace-smart.com/searchengineregistration.htm

All they are doing is guaranteed 'registration' in the search engines. I would guess that means indexing.

There knowledge of the web sucks as well as their data is from the 50s. Looks at their list of the biggest SEs:

1. Yahoo
    2. Google
    3. Msn
    4. Aol
    5. AltaVista
    6. Go Network
    7. Lycos
    8. Excite

It should go

1. Google
    2. Msn
    3. Yahoo
    4. The rest

You could do this yourself but listen to the -back-breaking work it entails:

7. Can't we do this ourselves?
    You can, but get ready to spent hours adding your URL to hundreds of search engines. You could be wasting your time. A particular search engine may not be popular or may not be indexing at that time. How will you know: 1) if they accepted your submission, 2) where it was indexed 3) with what keyword, and 4) in what position? Yes, you can search for the keywords you specified in your meta tags, but did the content structure fit with the specific search engine?

It's been our experience that most in-house efforts are sporadic at best and typically utilize outdated techniques. Keeping up with the search engines is a full-time job, and requires specialized training. We are dedicated to staying intune with the ever-changing world of search engines so you don't have to.

In 15 seconds you can submit to Google, Yahoo and MSN manually whether it will do any good or not is beside the point. But then I don't have a direct line to Matt Cutts....

Get this they stay intune with the changing world of search engines. That is very nice to know. Now I won't have to check to see if they changed the color of their submit forms anymore.

Atleast they offer a guarantee. Maybe your friend can get back his money. How much did he pay?

Originally Posted by NavyCS
    Search engine ignoring a site in itself IS a penalty.
    You missed it. Fathom said ignore the meta tags not the WHOLE SITE.
    Last edited by Visio; Jan 26th, 2007 at 08:39 AM.
    -DONíT BUY Keyword Elite V2 till you read this review- Please Digg!
    -SeoChat SEO FAQ - Read the FAQ. It may answer your question.
    -Ultimate Guide to Link Building - What you always wanted to know!
  21. Contributing User

Oops,your right. Sorry Fathom.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I dunno

Originally Posted by Visio

Atleast they offer a guarantee. Maybe your friend can get back his money. How much did he pay?
    I don't think so he has paid anything - That company assured when any1 of that keywords will be on 1st page my friend will pay. If you see keywords, there are many "Red Banana" & "Blue Banana" type keywords with no competition at all.

Thats the point where my friend will be cheated & I know a lot of terrible stories of individuals who paid to Indian companies thinking they are cheap or considering their money back guarantees, all of them paid and what they got back ? NOTHING

UK or US police won't go to India to release any1's money.

Any other thoughts from other SEO professionals about Ace-Mart wil be very helpfull for my friend to understand.

Thanks for all the professionals who gave their valuable suggestions.
    Last edited by itsonlychand; Jan 26th, 2007 at 10:38 AM.
  25. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Google doesn't look at keyword...today, but they are important enough to use for MSN and others.

It won't hurt to do either.

Use this formula; In META keywords.
    1. Keep your META keywords short (128 characters max, or 10).
    2. Use your keyword maximum twice, and make one of these a variation of the actual keyword (plural) or in a 3+ keyword phrase
    3. Be sure your page title mirrors your title.

SOME day goole may reinclude these, and since it can't hurt, I would rather (much like insurance)

"Have it and not need it, rather than need it and not have it"

GaryTheScubaGuy

Comments on this post

• pteam agrees : Good quote.
  27. Super Moderator

I don't think so he has paid anything - That company assured when any1 of that keywords will be on 1st page my friend will pay. If you see keywords, there are many "Red Banana" & "Blue Banana" type keywords with no competition at all.
    If they optimise his site like they've optimised their site - he wouldn't even rank for "pink and blue spotted bananas"
    Thats the point where my friend will be cheated & I know a lot of terrible stories of individuals who paid to Indian companies thinking they are cheap or considering their money back guarantees, all of them paid and what they got back ? NOTHING
    In recent years many good people have entered the industry in India; now there are a lot of high quality Indian webdesigners and seo people out there... and this site lets them all down!
    Any other thoughts from other SEO professionals about Ace-Mart wil be very helpfull for my friend to understand.
    How could anybody look at that rubbish and expect them to do a "professional SEO job"?

Comments on this post

• GaryTheScubaGuy agrees : That pretty much sums it up.
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume..." (Egol 22nd Feb 2008)
    [New to SEO/SeoChat?] [Canonical Problems?] [Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines]
  29. Moderator
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

UK or US police won't go to India to release any1's money.

Thanks for all the professionals who gave their valuable suggestions.
    Well how much will he be charged if they get him on the top for these phrases?

I agree with Clicky on this. There are many good Indian seo however because there are so many of them and seo looks like such a profitable market there are crooks as well.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: