1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Have I been penalised by Google or is it something else

I no you guys have been pestered with this question on numerous times. But Iím lost and donít now if Iíve been penalised by Google or is it something else. On the 27th of May at 17:02 traffic from Google stopped completely (barring the odd strangle) last cache was on the same day at 1700 but have the cache updates now around every 3 days. I have waited for a week to see if this returned to normality but with no joy. Traffic from Google was around 400 per day and constant with slight increases each day. Now Iím lucky to even get a single visit from Google. I have checked my index and all links are there. I have checked my site:mydomain.com, mydomain.com are ranked first. But ďmy domainĒ for example has just disappeared from Google search. All other Google keywords and phases have too disappeared. Even when I perform a Google datacenter search still no luck with maybe a stray keyword hit a late 150-200 ranking. Traffic from yahoo and msn are not changed only the normal day to day increase/decrease. I do have 1 link showing on Google webmaster tools showing HTTP error 4xx. I have checked copy scope and bad-neighbourhood all fine. And also the site is still well spidered.

If you are asking how I know the time this information comes from woopra which showed the last Google search was @ 17:02 and was completely normal upto that point.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Yes your serp score was lowered.
  5. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Noting traffic days and loses isn't overly helpful... what work have you done over the past 6 months?

Links? What, Where When, How... would be useful here... "what repetitive link developments have you done?"

Content? What, Where When, How... would be useful here... "what repetitive content developments have you done?"
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

give us the URL but break it up so it does make a link
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by Xbox360glitches
    Traffic from Google was around 400 per day and constant with slight increases each day. Now Iím lucky to even get a single visit from Google.
    Are you talking about visitors referred from Google, or googlebot?
  11. No Profile Picture

thanks for your speedy reply.

first site xbox360glitches dot com

what work have you done over the past 6 months? Links? What, Where When, How... would be useful here... "what repetitive link developments have you done?" Content? What, Where When, How... would be useful here... "what repetitive content developments have you done?"
    I do believe that this issue was caused by a plug in i used from
    blogtrafficexchange dot com which automaticly links with other related website. Also i added a amazon store with there code on a separate page. other than these where the only changes that i made.

Are you talking about visitors referred from Google, or googlebot?
    traffic stated was from google, googlebot still crawls site on a regular basis
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

definitely been penalized, as i read it, when you search your domain name 360glitches with no www. and no .com, it should return your homepage as the #1 result normally, if it doesn't that means there's some penalty (so i have read) but your site/homepage comes up as the #11 result, so it looks like a mild penalty, if i am reasoning this correctly.

a local business is in the same boat, we discovered recently but they don't get any results for their keywords until around #51-75 depending so it's pretty much a -50 penalty for them.
  15. No Profile Picture

How to tell if Penalty

Originally Posted by dirtdog1960
    Yes your serp score was lowered.
    So how do you find out for sure if you suspect you have a penalty? And how do you get it removed?
  17. No Profile Picture

I have placed a reconsideration request though last week. And keywords Xbox 360 glitches, 360 glitches and other formats of the same words are now back in the top 5 on Google uk. But for anything else there still in 150+ position, Could this be a sign that the penalty has been revoked and itís just the datacenter replicating. Also if this is the case what is now my best option. i.e. Resubmitting posts, log a few more posts, lost more posts or nothing.
  19. No Profile Picture

Well I think I spoke too soon, traffic has gone again and all serp back at 200+ on all keywords. No Iím boggled.
    Well one days traffic is better than none I guess.
  21. shuffle up and deal
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by Xbox360glitches
    I do believe that this issue was caused by a plug in i used from
    blogtrafficexchange dot com which automaticly links with other related website.
    That could well be your problem!

Never heard of the service but to quote their site "It's just that badass. It is quality link building on autopilot without spamming! "

You should never use automated link software of any kind.

Its likely that you can't get burned for links pointing to your site but you sure as hell can get burned for linking to other sites.

The sort of site that traditional use this software are very low quality.

Remove the software, remove all of the links and then submit a re-inclusion request. Consider this a lesson learned!
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Your site is only 2 months old!! THAT is the problem.

All new sites get a boost in rankings for a short time.

lewisdb is right about the automatic linking building, get rid of that and start building natural links.

Good luck.