1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Post H1, b, strong, alt tags, and title tags

I keep learningmore abou seo quickly. Today I learned that the maxium amount of alt tags should total no more than 50-60 characters for the page.

Does anybody have an exact count as to Google recommended amount of characters/word counts that can be used in h1 tags, b tags, strong, and title tags?

I heard from one seo that h1 and b and strong tags add an added value of importance to the keywords improving the page's over all value.

However, I have also heard that having to many tags can demote the value.

As well as having title tags in the links improving the value.

I have every link on each webpage with a title tag, the exact title that appears in the browser.

Would these title tags also count as the character count for the alt tags, etc.??
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Hi Chris

just one question - whats the source for that limit for alt tags? I sometimes have little stories of 150-255 characters in just one alt tag for an image and it seems to work quite well
    The only "limitation" I use for alt tags is to use none of the keywords more than once - Sometimes I even use only 1 or 2 words of a 3 word phrase. And almost always I mix words in between the single words of a keyphrase. Kinda like "This picture shows the classic widget. In that specific case it's blue, but they also are available in red and yellow" - with BLUE WIDGET beeing my keyphrase
  5. My first avatar here
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

The title tags are use for seo as a alterantive way to got more keywords. For the search engine the h1 tags works like the title tag but his value decreases when you are more tags, example h2 tag got less value than h1.

I ussually out the most amount of my keyword derivation i can in a importance order. This way i can rank in more keywords at the same time.
    I am a content scrapper. If you need to obtain and process big data, pm me.
    I have a multi-threaded spider that runs on several ec2 instances.
    I have been crawling twitter, and other big guys for a while. Outputs: SQL, XML, CSV, MYSQL, TXT
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by chrisrobertson
    I keep learningmore abou seo quickly. Today I learned that the maxium amount of alt tags should total no more than 50-60 characters for the page.

Does anybody have an exact count as to Google recommended amount of characters/word counts that can be used in h1 tags, b tags, strong, and title tags?

I heard from one seo that h1 and b and strong tags add an added value of importance to the keywords improving the page's over all value.

However, I have also heard that having to many tags can demote the value.

As well as having title tags in the links improving the value.

I have every link on each webpage with a title tag, the exact title that appears in the browser.

Would these title tags also count as the character count for the alt tags, etc.??
    You need to listen to mattcutts at his blog to dispell the myths.