Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Googles Opinion On Link Purchase

Just thought I would drop in and share an email recieved by google pertaining to link buying and selling for what it is worth.

Hi name deleted,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, we are unable to send personal
    responses to all of the requests we receive to review individual website
    content. Websites can fall out of our index for many reasons, including
    penalization.

Certain actions such as buying or selling links to increase a site's
    PageRank value
    or cloaking - writing text in such a way that it can be
    seen by search engines but not by users - can result in penalization.
    Please review our quality guidelines at
    http://www.google.com/webmasters/guidelines.html for more information. If
    the webmaster identifies problems with the website and makes the changes
    necessary to comply with these guidelines, please do not hesitate to
    contact us.

We are sorry that we cannot provide individual assistance at this
    time.

Regards,
    The Google Team

Just got this email from google today. After my website was removed from the serps. I couldnt figure out why since the only thing I had done was purchase a few links. I feel maybe this has given me the answer that I was searching for. My website has a lot of good content and no blackhat tactics of any typed used. The html is a little messy but nothing that would get me drop from the top 5. No cloaking ..No Hidden Text and No Spamming of keywords. The only problem was a few purchased links and some on the same IP Block.

I do feel google was indirectly trying to tell me why my website had fallen from the serps.

Make your own conclusions with googles response.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Would you mind sharing the URL?
  5. hctibselgoogtonmai
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Just read exactly the same on RE Webmasters forum. Sounds like BS. Poser there: 1st post, no sig, no profile name Florida Fool. Hmmm
    My Favorite Tools: Web CEO - Ranking Reports, Keyword Research, Link Analysis | Hosting.com - U.S. Windows Hosting | ISAPI Rewrite - Rewrite & Redirect for Windows
  7. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Originally Posted by FogHorn
    Just read exactly the same on RE Webmasters forum. Sounds like BS. Poser there: 1st post, no sig, no profile name Florida Fool. Hmmm
    I saw what you were refering to on RE Webmasters and That person has the same webmaster as I do and I did recieve an email from him. As for posting a sig and profile did you ever think those of us that are having problems with google dont want them or anyone to know who we are LMAO. Do you believe that google doesnt read these forums. If so I have this bridge I would like to sell you really really CHEAP.

Since when is it a requirement that you post a profile or sig. I think you have a lot of problems FogHorn and need to seek help or medication for it..or do you happen to fall into that group that doesnt want people to know that buying links can hurt your website either way, take it for what it is worth or disregard it. I am just trying to offer information to those that may be considering buying links at this time and hope that it saves them where I was mis-informed and it cost me.
  9. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Very interesting....
  11. hctibselgoogtonmai

Originally Posted by NotJustMe
    I saw what you were refering to on RE Webmasters and That person has the same webmaster as I do and I did recieve an email from him. As for posting a sig and profile did you ever think those of us that are having problems with google dont want them or anyone to know who we are LMAO. Do you believe that google doesnt read these forums. If so I have this bridge I would like to sell you really really CHEAP.

Since when is it a requirement that you post a profile or sig. I think you have a lot of problems FogHorn and need to seek help or medication for it..or do you happen to fall into that group that doesnt want people to know that buying links can hurt your website either way, take it for what it is worth or disregard it. I am just trying to offer information to those that may be considering buying links at this time and hope that it saves them where I was mis-informed and it cost me.
    Too funny brother! Both got the same e-mail at the same time saying the same thing pointing to a document that doesn't support the contents of the e-mail. My neighbor talks to God so I asked her... I guess I was wrong, she gets these types of e-mails regularly, sorry.

I like bridges, how much? And I really appreciate your concern for my mental stability (between us I question it frequently myself), however the last time I sought professional help the psychiatrist indicated that I was far too medicated for any serious discussion.

Perhaps you could forward the email in question to a moderator here for verification and maintain your anonymity. But if ya got booted from Google. why would you give a ____________ anyway if they figured out who you were? Peace!
  13. Savior of the Whales
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

a few purchased links and some on the same IP Block.

tell me more about the links "ON THE SAME IP BLOCK" ....

google may penalize you either for crosslinking on the same c block or for just TOO MANY backlinks from the same c block ....
    *** Search Engine News, Jesus helps JOE BOB SEO save the whales. ***
  15. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Perhaps you could forward the email in question to a moderator here for verification and maintain your anonymity. But if ya got booted from Google. why would you give a ____________ anyway if they figured out who you were? Peace!
    I would be happy to send it to a Mod. As I said though take it for what it is worth. If you dont believe it then you have 2 choices. One you can ignore it and go about your way or two you can give it some creedance and maybe look into it more. Either way I know what the issue is and will be able to correct it.

It is so funny how some people always believe that there is some alternative motive behind anything that goes against the norm. Many years ago people use to place hidden spam text on their pages and that worked, it would get you to number 1. Now it doesnt ..why is that? google caught it and put a stop to it. Do you not believe that the people at google are a hell of a lot smarter then all of us put together.If you dont then you are the next billonaire coming. Saying that google can prevent this type of manipulation.

Google reads the forums just like everyone of us do. So they know why we do certain things and then they figure out a way to stop it. Its a good game of cat and mouse. As soon as there is a hint of something that can manipulate the serps I am sure IMHO they go right to work to come up with an algo to stop it. Googles R & D has forgotten more then any of us will ever learn.

When are you going to realize this is their system not ours. No matter how they present it as being a consumers system..it is theirs and they can change it anytime they like. What google says is a good practice today may not be tomorrow. So what purchasing links 4, 5 or 6 months ago may not have brought up any flags..now google has decided that link purchasing or link selling is bad for their engine if you believe this email the thread is about.

Buying banner ads has its relevancy but if a link shows no true value other then to manipulate serps then that link seems to be according to the email something design to manipulate their serps.

I have looked at some of the post and theories here and this seems to be more realistic then some of the others. I present an email that google has sent..first thing that happens is I get questioned if its a juiced up email. Ask yourself this question ..if I was going to juice up an email wouldnt I add something more juicy to it then what I posted. Give me more credit then that.

Sorry if I seem to have flamed you Foghorn but I get flamed for offering or trying to offer some help to those that may be in the same boat as I am. I can understand that those of you that sell links may not find this post helpful to your business but instead of preying on ignorance devise a better architexture of promoting a website to the tops of the SEs. Those of you that can are better for the whole Seo community.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Originally Posted by JoeBob
    tell me more about the links "ON THE SAME IP BLOCK" ....

google may penalize you either for crosslinking on the same c block or for just TOO MANY backlinks from the same c block ....
    It seems quite a few of my links were from the same IP Block. So I am only guessing and have no real hardcore proof..but google when they found one link it wasnt hard for them to trace the others since they were mostly on the same IP block.

I did notice that one of the links has been penalized as well. There was no PR loss but the number of pages indexed by google drop a lot. Which is something that happen to my website. I still have my PR but lost a lot of indexed pages.

As I learn more I would be happy to post the findings but right now all I have is this email from google.
  19. hctibselgoogtonmai

Not Just Me, Dude I don't feel flamed. I just question the wisdom of a major corperation putting anything in writing that could cost so many so much (no, and I'm not one) and not have it in their webmasters guidelines other than the ambiguous (anything done to effect SERPS)...

I believe they could, they might and even that they might have... I just don't believe they'd put it in writing. If so, it should be corroberated for everyone's benefet.

This is my opinion and it does not reflect the editorial philosophy/policies of SEO Chat
  21. Contributing User

Lots of sites sell advertising space.
    It's a legitimate business model.
    What is the difference from text links?
    You have to surmize intent.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Not Just Me, Dude I don't feel flamed. I just question the wisdom of a major corperation putting anything in writing that could cost so many so much (no, and I'm not one) and not have it in their webmasters guidelines other than the ambiguous (anything done to effect SERPS)...

I believe they could, they might and even that they might have... I just don't believe they'd put it in writing. If so, it should be corroberated for everyone's benefet.

This is my opinion and it does not reflect the editorial philosophy/policies of SEO Chat
    Well I see your point about it not being posted in googles guidelines. I will use a post that the other friend of mine used on RE webmasters as an example. It seems he posted on this as well as I did because we both have the email.

In real estate guidelines change all the time. Just because those guidelines are not changed on the state run websites that govern real estate..does this mean those new rules or laws dont take effect? Plus from what has been posted here and on other forums google doesnt like seo's so why would they want to really help anyway. I truely do believe that if google could discredit or get rid of seo's all together they would IMHO. To google seoing is something trying to manipulate their serps and they dont like it.

As stated on the other forum and I agree. I can not say when , what or why google would not post those on their website for other webmasters to read. This may be a dumbass answer but I am sure at some point there were tactics being used by seo's that google ended up penalizing for, that didnt make it to their webmasters page till several days or months after the new algo change.

I will also say that I dont believe google can stop all websites right now that buy or sell links but I am sure they are on their way to creating an algo that will put a complete stop to it if its intent is to manipulate the serps.

If google has change their opinion of buying or selling links ..then yes it will or could cost a lot of people a good bit of money. Those that have purchased and those that sell.

We all know or atleast believe that anchor text and backlinks are the key to high rankings within google. If we know it then they do. So after saying that then to google it would seem that buying links has one use only right now with all the post made about purchasing links and that is to manipulate their serps.
  25. hctibselgoogtonmai

I would be happy to send it to a Mod.
    Well I for one would appreciate your time in doing so. We may all benefit from something a little more concrete here. Might I be so forward as to suggest EGOL, DDonna or Webbie? I'm not familiar with all the mod's but these three's posts seem to me particularly reliable. Your call, I don't know them and I've only read a few.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Originally Posted by DerekZ
    Lots of sites sell advertising space.
    It's a legitimate business model.
    What is the difference from text links?
    You have to surmize intent.
    I can give one example of this. What was the name of that online Weather website that sold links to advertisers..I am sorry I cant remember maybe someone here will know. Anyway that website was banned for a long time by google and Yahoo..Thats right Wunderground.

Some website businesses have a legit need for banner ads but I believe it has been posted here about another real estate website that mentioned they were penalized for buying links or they believed they were. According to Atlanta Realtor his website was drop from the serps after climbing up to the top 5 in only 2 months. Some of the links he mentioned was a tarrot card site linked to him and a tool website. Now anyone can clearly see that those types of links have no true value to a real estate website advertising wise and wouldnt be hard to investigate by google for the sole purpose of manipulation of serps.

Now another good exampole of selling advertising space would be this website. I could see a legit use for selling text ads to say another web related industry on this website. It has true value but to sell a link on this website to say a shoe company would have no true value I believe in googles eyes other then to manipulate their serps.
  29. Master of the cave

Cool

I don't buy links... I "advertise" my website on other sites...

Will that get me penalized?

Didn't think so...

These kind of posts just build stupid myths...

If your site was penalized, there must of been a good reason. Advertising it won't get you banned.
    Need some free backlinks for your site? Check this out!
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page: