1. No Profile Picture
    bwn
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Google Yahoo MSN on Duplicate Content

Ok this is really going to cause allot if issues with allot of sites. I was hammered on my products page because of duplicate content, lost all my product page ranking in Google, Duplicate content discussion on this here http://www.seroundtable.com/archives/003398.html and another on it here
    http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/topnews/wpn-60-20060228DuplicateContentJeopardizesYourSite.html
    and another here
    http://www.cs.umd.edu/~pugh/google/Duplicates.pdf

I sell vitamins ok and what I did was build a wellness page and added different brands to this page but I built a different page but the same text so I have 2 pages the same on the site. Ok this was stupid and I see this now, Past this point.

What I am reading from this above discussions and The Reason for the Post is we have several very large sites in the Job industry,

We build and article profile page for the company and then build classified pages for the search and place the ad in different states referring back to the classified page.

Problem is we have 2 pages the same one article and one a classified and I feel we are fixing to get nailed as well.

Another problem in the discussion Matt says to have bread crumb trails in cookies well this is to prevent the bot for following the bread crumb path and or have one set of navigation on the site to this page

Well we have 3 way to get to the same page, one for the Company Name One url, One for the Job Search another url, and one for the State search so we have 3 url's going to the same page.

We have a big problem and not sure how to deal with it other than rebuild all our Articles pages so they are different than the classified.

We have a big meeting Monday to best decide how to do this. I know this is long but as I search the Net just about every site I go to have an issue with this.

Suggestions?? and or Thought on this Duplicate content issue we are all facing, Remember the Big Daddy update is really all about dublicate content.

"Rajat Mukherjee, director of product management at Yahoo!, emphasized sites should try not to make the same content available through multiple URLs." Added this to make my point!!
    Last edited by bwn; Mar 2nd, 2006 at 12:00 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Duplicate content is pusnished well by the search engine and its effect is long time .Similarly door pages are another dangerous things.

I suggest that do not not worry much and start making your content in a structured way so that it is not duplicate and has freshness in it
  5. No Profile Picture
    bwn
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by obiztek
    Duplicate content is pusnished well by the search engine and its effect is long time .Similarly door pages are another dangerous things.

I suggest that do not not worry much and start making your content in a structured way so that it is not duplicate and has freshness in it
    Missed the point of the Post I added a Quote for you to see it is about navigation now and having only one url to the page. To many ways to the same page it looks like is now considered duplicate content.

"Rajat Mukherjee, director of product management at Yahoo!, emphasized sites should try not to make the same content available through multiple URLs." Added this to make my point!!