1. SEO chat regular
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Google - Why does it like rss and blogging ? What are the tangible benefits ?

Hi guys,

I rule in yahoo and msn so idecided to work more exclusively on google to increase my visitors futher. After a detailed study of my current techniques and what was possible i highlighted blogging and rss feeds as the primary way to futher the sites in google.

I have recently implemented the rss feed and blog in several websites. Even as i completed this i was unsure if i had correctly promoted these features. In addition i was unsure if it needed futher attention bar adding more content.

Here is a list of my questions and i am afraid it highlights my confusion on the exact benefits of blogging rss feeds within google, what they like about it and how to ensure results.

I added rss to my site via a new blog added as part of the site.

I also implemented multiple rss feeds held off site. The articles which fill the rss feed are held on a few different sites (primarily the site which has the blog).

How do i get the inbound links that google likes ?

Do they come from an increase in exposure Via rss directories ?

Or do the links primarily come from the rss / blog directories when you ping them.

I have used rss submit to submit the rss feeds held off site

http://www.web(add hyphen)publishing-house.co.uk

and also the rss produced via the blog on site http://www.life(add hypen)assurance-bureau.co.uk/family-finance/ .

Along with submitting to all the blog directories found within the system (rss submitt).

Still i cant find any really good information about how best to promote the blog and rss and what i need to do after submission. For example do i need to ping the rss agregators or will they visit regularly ? ( my rss was built inhouse and so it doesn't automatically ping the rss agregators at the moment do i need this to happen ?)

Am i missing anything ?

I have read about trackbacks etc are these very important ?

I know i have asked a hell of a lot of questions but there is a lack of good information on the subject and i have spent the last four hours reading to make sure i am not making a mess of this.

Evan after that i came up with more questions than i started with lol.

Any info would really help.

Cheers,

BB

Oh the last question was is it worth doing recips on blogs ?
  3. SEO chat regular
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Bounce anyone got any answers ?

Bounce anyone got any answers ?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo