1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google Webmaster - Will Adding Domain Mean Changing my Sitemap?

I have completed a domain add-on for my blog and routed it to my old directory (.com.au/blog)

My blog used to be [xxx.com.au/blog] and now I it is [xxx.com].

I have updated my .htaccess and Wordpress URL and Site name. All is now directed to the new Domain URL.

The name is the same. The only essential change is from .com.au to simply .com

In Google and Bing should a new domain and upload a new sitemap (.com) or do I just leave the sitemap, domain url and associated analytics as the old domain (.com.au/blog)

Thanks,

David.
    Last edited by davidtrounce; Nov 22nd, 2012 at 09:16 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by davidtrounce
    I have completed a domain add-on for my blog and routed it to my old directory (.com.au/blog)

My blog used to be [xxx.com.au/blog] and now I it is [xxx.com].

I have updated my .htaccess and Wordpress URL and Site name. All is now directed to the new Domain URL.

The name is the same. The only essential change is from .com.au to simply .com

In Google and Bing should a new domain and upload a new sitemap (.com) or do I just leave the sitemap, domain url and associated analytics as the old domain (.com.au/blog)

Thanks,

David.
    For every website you add in webmaster, you need to create a new account and add sitemap. You might be having same url structuring for different domain but you would need to add the sitemap separately.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by grgmathew
    For every website you add in webmaster, you need to create a new account and add sitemap. You might be having same url structuring for different domain but you would need to add the sitemap separately.
    Thanks for your advice. Is it safe (recommended) that I delete the old url? All my back links are being directed so do I need to have the site map associated with .com.au/blog still in Google Webmasters if I am now using the a sitemap from .com ?