1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Google Warning - Potential Hacking

Can anyone help me identify the problem here so I can clear it up please :

Dear Owner or Webmaster of Kayak, Shore And Boat Fishing - Whitby Sea Anglers Articles And Forums,

We are writing to let you know that some pages from Kayak, Shore And Boat Fishing - Whitby Sea Anglers Articles And Forums will be labelled as potentially compromised in our search results. This is because some of your pages contain content which may harm the quality and relevance of our search results. It appears that these pages were created or modified by a third party, who may have hacked all or part of your site. Many times, they will upload files or modify existing ones, which then show up as spam in our index.

The following are some sample URLs which exhibit this behaviour:

http://www.wcsa.whitbyseaanglers.co....470&h=280&zc=1

These URLs are using practices that do not follow our quality guidelines, which can be found here: Webmaster Guidelines - Webmaster Tools Help.

We encourage you to investigate this matter in order to protect your visitors. If your site was compromised, it's important not only to remove the malicious content from your pages, but also to identify and fix the vulnerability. Note that in many cases, this malicious content is hidden through a process known as cloaking. To learn what cloaking is, see Cloaking - Webmaster Tools Help. You can confirm if your site is cloaking by using the Fetch as Googlebot tool: Fetch as Google - Webmaster Tools Help. A good first step towards resolving the problem is to contact your web host's technical support for assistance. It's also important to make sure that your website's software is up to date with the latest security updates and patches.

More information about how to fix your site can be found at:

Cleaning your site - Webmaster Tools Help

Once you've made sure that your site is clean and secure, you can request reconsideration by going to https://www.google.com/webmasters/to...ation?hl=en-GB.
    All The Fun Of The Fair !!!
  3. Agency SEO
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I have gotten that before and it's not that a big deal to clean up. Hire someone to clean the nefarious files and update your CMS, boom problem solved. (at least that's how it was in my experience)
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

What are nefarious files ?

I am on latest release of cms, but a manual reinstall should ensure all files are clean.

I was wondering if the theme may have been hacked as its the theme that utilises tom thumb which google is flagging as a problem.
    Last edited by Glenn Kilpatric; Dec 13th, 2012 at 06:48 AM.
  7. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

I actually wrote a great article on this not too long ago.

You have malware on your site.

Please read this article - it explains everything: Malware Recovery: What to Do When Google Says You`ve Been Hacked - SEO Chat

Comments on this post

• SEOhostingcouk agrees
    • KernelPanic agrees : Great Answer!
    • Chedders agrees : very informative
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.