Thread: Google tips

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google tips

Hi I released my site a month ago (www.traineractive.com) and for the first 3 weeks my google listings for my seleted keywords were increasing at a subsatntial rate.

However lately they have started to fall without ever reaching their potential. I wondered if anyone could give me any tips to increase these positions again.

for example this page is optimised for "performance management training" it once was ranked at #9 but has fallen away - http://www.fenman.co.uk/traineractive/view/Performance-Management.html

any tips would be greatly apprciated, thank you in advance
  3. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

This is classic Google Sandbox.

1 month old = no hope in google for a while.
    New sites get an initial boost so that they get found and linked to initialy.

You will be in a probationary period for 6 - 9 months ish - no one knows for sure.

Just build relevant links and write relevant content and you will do ok. Chances are if you were top ten before the sandbox hit you and you do what I have said above you will be in the top ten when you finaly come out of the sandbox.

Good luck
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

sorry what i should of added that this new site is an extension of a previous site, www.fenman.co.uk/traineractive/ so should miss out on the sandbox
  7. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

No, I am afraid not - new domain = new site regardless of wether the new domain now has an old web site on it.

The fact is the URL is new. The reason google implements the sandbox (amoung other reasons) is to stop black hat SEOs simply buying new domains, spamming the hell out of them and then forgetting about them when they have had their day.

The fact is you will almost certainly be in the sandbox. A 301 redirect from the old site will help but it will only help. The sandbox is a reality for any new domain.

Comments on this post

• Patrick86L agrees