1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

google stopped crawling: can be a dns issue?

Hi all,

I have a PR 5 website and or about a year, and the homepage used to be crawled every 1-3 days. For about 10 days, google stopped crawling the homepage and put an older cache (a cache about a month old).

a link to search in Google returns 127 links. And there are many links (about 1000) that are PR 3 and lower. Also, i checked the PR5 sites that link to my site and their homepages are being crawled regularly. So I don't understand why my site is not being crawled.

Anyone experiencing such a thing? May it be a spam penalty? I have no spam like activity on my site, but I'm not sure about. I have text navigation which are optmized, and also SEO is applied in all pages but a *clean* SEO. What may be the case?

The only change i have made is purchasing a DNS service from another company and adjusting nameservers accordingly. May it be the case? MAybe Google cannot reach my site and crawl it. How can i make sure that Google is able to reach my site to crawl?

Any idea/help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time in advance.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

if it's too early for some visitors to reach the site normally (because of DNS problems), the same may be the case with google. apart from that I don't see how it'd prevent google from crawling and indexing you.
    Get Relevant Links! Buy Links from the TextLinkBrokers!
    Building Quality SEO Blog - Editors Wanted | Free SEO Tools
  5. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Question

Plz be more clear about your problem of DNS
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I purchased dns hosting from my registrar, which means the DNS server for the domain and the web server are totally different machines. Even though I can telnet to the web server by using the ip number, i cannot by using the domain name. This is the reason why I suspect the fact that googlebot does not crawl my domain might have something to do with the new dns settings.

[to disgust]
    The domain is accessible through internet explorer at all (our number of visitors is the same, so i don't think anybody has difficulty in reaching it)

Thanks for your ideas.