1. Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google Spam Report Seems to Never Work..

I have a competitor that uses multiple doorway pages and one page websites / doorways.

I report them all the time to Google Spam report, but they NEVER do anything about it. It is very blatant also.

Any suggestions on how I can get Google to remove this spammy crap???

Email me if you want to see them....
  3. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

You will have to make a commitment to defeating him. Every time you have an urge to report him, spend that time and energy building two content pages on your site that point to one of your pages that oppose him.

I have found that this is most effective if they are supporting document pages that are linked to from the competing page and link straight back and to home. Don't add a lot of other links, you want to focus the PR where you need it.

(this works well in weak competition where such spammy pages are frequently found - artillery is required in heavier competition)
  5. Modsky
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Generally Google takes the spam report and uses the data collected to upgrade the algo, it sucks but google rarely actually imposes penalties IMHO. They have on occasion but I must say just from my own experience very few PR penalties or bans have been doled out.
  7. iTamer
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I was looking for a host in the Uk using the search "php uk host" and noticed a spammer in the top 3. Out of curiousity I reported them every day for a week and every day they seemed to reappear with the same page on a different domain. Since then they've been static so I don't know if my reports did any good or if it was just a coincidence that they were moving about.