1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google showing different SERP titles

Hello, My web site whoyiz.com showing different title in SERP other than I optimized. When I have a search on 'whoyiz.com' it is showing as 'whoyiz.com!!' as title. The site has not listed in ODP or in yahoo directory. Is there any Google updates causing this? Any help on this will be appreciated.
  3. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

You probably had that title when googled indexed your site. I see you've changed your title, so give google time to reindex your site and it will display your current title.

Nice site, btw.
    www.joshz.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email josh@joshz.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  5. No Profile Picture
    sooru

Now Google can override titles based on the content they find on your site and also referring Dmoz listing. thats why your title tag is changing related to your queries.

Dont panic go ahead ...
  7. No Profile Picture

Google indexed your website on 6th of October, might be you have changed title of website after that. there is no need to worry, Play the game of wait and watch and very soon you will see the desired title.
  9. No Profile Picture

No, There is all these possibilities, but as I am the web master for the site I am sure that I had changed the web site title long back and the Google displayed my real title. This issue happened all with in 1-2 weeks. The web site is not yet listed in Dmoz, or in yahoo so there is no chance of displaying dmoz title and the most funny thing that cached version is showing the real title. Does any body things that it is a spam attempt?
  11. No Profile Picture
    sooru

Originally Posted by leapharris
    No, There is all these possibilities, but as I am the web master for the site I am sure that I had changed the web site title long back and the Google displayed my real title. This issue happened all with in 1-2 weeks. The web site is not yet listed in Dmoz, or in yahoo so there is no chance of displaying dmoz title and the most funny thing that cached version is showing the real title. Does any body things that it is a spam attempt?
    if you have not changed the tittle , there is no problem.

Because google automatically takes tittle from your website content right now..if a particular search query that that doest contain on your title, google may automatically take a title on your content..

This will not affect your rankings..
  13. No Profile Picture

Hello, first of all try to understand what the problem is. Here I am searching for my domain name 'whoyiz.com' or 'whoyiz' then the result converted with a false title which I never optimized. i.e 'whoyiz.com!!' in title see the exclamatory mark, which you cannot see in any of the web site content. Other queries are giving fine result. for example: 'find India city information', it provides the exact title. So I am more confuse with this. Please some one look into the issue or those who is experiencing same issue please inform me and I need the help of a real SEO expert.
  15. No Profile Picture

i really got surprised...i didn't seen this kinds of case ever.
  17. No Profile Picture
    sooru

Hello, first of all try to understand what the problem is. Here I am searching for my domain name 'whoyiz.com' or 'whoyiz' then the result converted with a false title which I never optimized. i.e 'whoyiz.com!!' in title see the exclamatory mark, which you cannot see in any of the web site content. Other queries are giving fine result. for example: 'find India city information', it provides the exact title. So I am more confuse with this. Please some one look into the issue or those who is experiencing same issue please inform me and I need the help of a real SEO expert.
    i think u didn't get what i told ...ok

when you search whoyiz.com' or 'whoyiz' ,google doesn't see any related snippet on your title .so they are taking related title (whoyiz.com) from your website content or somewhere like dmoz listing ...
  19. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

A similar discussion at this thread

..and an explanation from Matt at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlJiLDn9-38

SEO FAQs - You might find your answer here.
    SEOchat Forum Rules - Read Before You Post
  21. No Profile Picture

I have seen your website once again and I got the reason why this is happening. The reason is that you have same title on three different pages (home page, contact page and about us page). Google is taking it as duplicate and once you search for 'whoyiz.com' in google.com it is showing 'whoyiz.com!!' .

my suggestion is that create different title for each page and as a result you will find the same title which is there on the page. Google will not show different title in SERP.

I hope it will work.
  23. No Profile Picture

Hello brown,
    Thanks for your analysis with my web site. The things you noticed is correct, the web site contains duplicate titles, but I do have other web sites that is having too many duplicate titles and none of them showing different results in SERP. So if a searching query which does not present in snippet means Google will collect the related content from web site content, that is pretty good. Well, see the result "whoyiz.com!!" ...can see the extra characters at the end of title.. from where does it come from? I checked all pages and I do not have a word like 'whoyiz.com!!' in web site content, so I m confusing more.

Originally Posted by brown.daniel66
    I have seen your website once again and I got the reason why this is happening. The reason is that you have same title on three different pages (home page, contact page and about us page). Google is taking it as duplicate and once you search for 'whoyiz.com' in google.com it is showing 'whoyiz.com!!' .

my suggestion is that create different title for each page and as a result you will find the same title which is there on the page. Google will not show different title in SERP.

I hope it will work.