1. Administrator
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Google SERPs Update March 12, 2019

Google's latest SERPs update which appeared to start March 12, and currently is continuing today, will need to settle before we can make any observations.

This week, we released a broad core algorithm update, as we do several times per year.
    https://twitter.com/searchliaison/st...42166788587520

What specifics have you noticed have changed?

Comments on this post

• way2abdul agrees : Well! Is it update happened globally?
  3. Moderator
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

I've noticed an increase in rankings in three properties I monitor. Can't say I have any clue as to why though.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

For the Australian market, I have totally different results about traffic from Semrush and Ahrefs.
    SR shows a huge decrease and Ahrefs shows exactly the opposite.
    In terms of kws, I had a massive increase in rankings for kws on 2nd or 3rd page.

From GA, I have noticed a huge drop yesterday 13.03 at the organic traffic for different markets.
    Will check closely how this will escalate in the next days.
    BTW this doesn't make sense: if I select a wider time period (1.12.2018-14.03.2019), I can see this big drop for the 13th of March.
    If I select a shorter period (1-14.03.2019) I am seeing an increase!!
    Tested with 3 different markets.
    Why is this happening??
    Last edited by rastaviper; Mar 14th, 2019 at 03:35 AM.
  7. Moderator
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Rumours are people affected by Medic are seeing gains. So perhaps a reversal?

Still early days though!
  9. nobody
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

https://www.gsqi.com/marketing-blog/march-12-2019-google-core-algorithm-update/

I found this article useful on Google's latest core update (March 2019 Core Update)

https://www.gsqi.com/marketing-blog/...orithm-update/
    Enterprise SEO Consultant at Sefati & Company
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

It's been over 2 weeks since 2019 March Google update and there is not much info out there (at least not from an analytical point of view)

I did manage to find this article Google's March 2019 Core Update - Full Analysis Of Over 1,700,000 Pages that did a full analysis of over 1,700,000 pages

Thought i'd share!
    Last edited by apmdesigns; Mar 27th, 2019 at 12:04 PM.
  13. No Profile Picture

I guess this was Google core update in the middle of March & this was just a major update which was quite silent. Some found some changes in their Ranking & some didn't.
  15. No Profile Picture

As with any update, some sites may note drops or gains.A fair probability the update is related with AI to enhance search, it may or may not impact rankings, it appears google is updating the parts of the core search algorithm by injecting AI techniques. There’s nothing wrong with pages that may now perform less well. Instead, it’s that changes to our systems are benefiting pages that were previously under-rewarded....
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

To answer this question at the end of April, here's a screenshot of Google Analytics from one of my sites:

I don't really see a major drop, maybe a slight decrease but that usually happens around this time of year for this site of mine (it's due to the niche as well). Also, I haven't really added a new post to this site for over 6 months so that might be the reason for a little less traffic.

Was this helpful?

Steve
  19. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by matt1966
    Rumours are people affected by Medic are seeing gains. So perhaps a reversal?
    I have seen an overall trend in a slight reversal of the Medical update. On particular site lost 70% of organic traffic immediately after the update last year and continued to trend down so it had overall lost 90% by December.

We took no action on the site (it is alternative health so no 'qualified status' is possible).

Every since then organic traffic from Google has been gradually increasing again and we're back to 70% down. Interested to see how it pans out over the coming months.

I always fundamentally thought the Medical update was flawed because (IMHO) the way the whole pharma industry and govt function in this area is flawed. Perhaps Google is recognizing that it is loosing users in this area to other search engines and needs to back pedal a little ......
  21. No Profile Picture

I've seen downfall in my GA data after the March update. I've done the entire audit again and have addressed all the technical issues to get fixed. Could you guys suggest what else do I need to check or could have affected the website.