1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

google search console doubts

I've been using google search console a lot over the last year or so and i'm starting to have some major doubts about if doing anything in there even matter or if google just uses the data to train their maching learning alogo...two cases where i'm not really seeing it work at all is the the dissavow tool and the parameter handling tool...the parameter handling tool is especially suspect because of how narrowly they want you to categorize your parameters. Especially with the parameter handling tool, am I just wasting my time doing free work for google? Wondering if anyone has thoughts...
    "...using this: sages act out of constructs but they do not rely on them"
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I think it's like any other tool... it has its uses but shouldn't be relied upon too much. For example... it doesn't show all links pointing to a site! What's that all about? I mean... they freakin' know about all the links pointing to a site... it's their job right...? But they wont show you them all...
  5. Professional SEO

I rarely visit, though I do find some of the data there to be useful. Also a great heads up when your site gets hacked, they email you. But it has never been an SEO focus for me. And Google has already stated that the disavow tool doesn't affect SEO.

Comments on this post

• KnowOneSpecial agrees
    • Ejas Nathan agrees
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

GSC has its uses.. you just have to know what it's good for...
    I find that GSC is a fairly nice source of long tail phrases, some you may not know about.. also which queries provide you the most impressions... you may want to consider using them to target low hanging fruit for more traffic.

Do not use a hammer for a screw driver, probably will never work like you thought it would and you will end up breaking a lot of screws too.

Comments on this post

• Ejas Nathan agrees
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I love Google's search console. It has helped me a lot, from quick indexing, disavowing unwanted backlinks, and analyzing and evaluating website issues. I am not a pro but I read about SEO from search engine journal, moz, and the like. I try to learn how I could take advantage of any free tools including the search console.
  11. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

People expect to much from WMT/GSC - its nothing more than a tool. Its best feature is getting Google to re-crawl your site immediately after an update. You can see the changes in the index and SERPs straight after.

I swear people think it some sort of secret portal to get Google to do what they want, but that really isn't the case.