1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Cool Google says I am not being penalized, bah..

After this weekend with the wild results of going from over 200 to the top ten and then ending up worse off than I had before, I wrote google an email asking if I am being penalized. Their response:
    "Thank you for your note. Please be assured that your site is not currently banned or penalized by Google."

My site is www dotxx more4kids dotxx comxxxx

I guess if I am not sandboxed I must be doing something very wrong considering for keywords such as personalized childrens books I am in the top ten on MSN and YAHOO. Any ideas? :-?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Please be assured that your site is not currently banned or penalized by Google.
    When you notice big changes on SERPs and they say that no penalization is applied to you, it means usually that they are adopting a new algorithm to calculate something.

For istance they could have developed a new way to calculate link popularity and, in doing so, one-way natural links could count more than exchanged links. This would not be a personalized penalization, just a new different way to calculate LP.

Personally, I would never fill my web site with "Rent DVDs from home and have them mailed to you! No Late Fees, rent up to 8 DVDs at one time, and choose from over 15,000 titles" link exchanges.

Your site also links to at least one reciprocal link resource. You are helping Google to easily understand that (some of) your backlinks are not a consequence of spontaneous acts.
    Please, please, help tsunami survivors making a donation: UNICEF - Red Cross
  5. Resident Black Hat
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I've got 1463 backlinks and counting in my database. The more the merrier Anyone wanna exchange links?

I don't believe that there are any penalties for irrelevant links. Of course, I'm only 500 or so in the SERPS for my term that's got 40 million results so maybe I'm wrong and that's why I'm not in the top 10

As far as backlinks go you really don't have a lot...looks like:

14 PR1
    11 PR2
    19 PR3
    4 PR4
    1 PR6

I'd get more backlinks. I'm running Total Optimizer Pro on the top 10 atm but it'll take a while to get the results

Edit: Analysis done. This is a nifty tool I'll have to put this in my sig Here's one of the things it found: Step #3 - acquire links to your page from 234 pages, on 19 different domains/IP addresses with 28 PR0, 14 PR1, 31 PR2, 71 PR3, 82 PR4, 6 PR5, 1 PR6, 1 PR7.

G-Man
    Last edited by GeoffreyF67; Jan 11th, 2005 at 10:12 PM.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by GeoffreyF67
    I've got 1463 backlinks and counting in my database. The more the merrier Anyone wanna exchange links?

I don't believe that there are any penalties for irrelevant links. Of course, I'm only 500 or so in the SERPS for my term that's got 40 million results so maybe I'm wrong and that's why I'm not in the top 10

As far as backlinks go you really don't have a lot...looks like:

14 PR1
    11 PR2
    19 PR3
    4 PR4
    1 PR6

I'd get more backlinks. I'm running Total Optimizer Pro on the top 10 atm but it'll take a while to get the results

Edit: Analysis done. This is a nifty tool I'll have to put this in my sig Here's one of the things it found: Step #3 - acquire links to your page from 234 pages, on 19 different domains/IP addresses with 28 PR0, 14 PR1, 31 PR2, 71 PR3, 82 PR4, 6 PR5, 1 PR6, 1 PR7.

G-Man

Thankyou for the info G-Man. Please email me or tell me how this product works? When checking my links on yahoo I have over 260 links. I got this from the mcdar tool. From peoples previous posts on this board I was under the assumption that the Yahoo reported links are a better number to look at as Google does not always report everything using the link command. Many of my links have come from the stongest links (a lot of 1 way links) that were posted here, and the rest are from swapping links. Did your tool take those into account? Thankyou.
  9. Resident Black Hat

Originally Posted by More4kids
    Thankyou for the info G-Man. Please email me or tell me how this product works? When checking my links on yahoo I have over 260 links. I got this from the mcdar tool. From peoples previous posts on this board I was under the assumption that the Yahoo reported links are a better number to look at as Google does not always report everything using the link command. Many of my links have come from the stongest links (a lot of 1 way links) that were posted here, and the rest are from swapping links. Did your tool take those into account? Thankyou.
    They're probably counting the links from your own site in that count. The report from SEOElite shows you have 143 unique links. Of those, you have quite a few that are coming from the same IP.

Look at the image here: http://www.pduck.com/more4kids.jpg

Another thing I see here is that you have backlinks with the anchor text more 4 kids which doesn't really help you a lot: http://www.pduck.com/more4kids2.jpg

That was retrieved using these settings: http://www.pduck.com/more4kids3.jpg

Now, that report that I ran that I showed the text in, that was giving the info to get to the #1 spot - what you would supposedly need. I'm running an analysis of your url with TOP at the moment. Should be done shortly.

Edit: Here's a picture of some of the TOP analysis: http://www.pduck.com/more4kids4.jpg

G-Man
    Last edited by Jasontnyc; Jan 12th, 2005 at 09:48 AM. Reason: removed live links
  11. Resident Black Hat

Hah - oops. would help if I uploaded the pictures now wouldn't it?

G-Man