1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google Results Gone from Yahoo - Then Back

I've been reading seochat.com for some time now and just decided to become a member. Hello to all. Yesterday I did a search on Yahoo and came up with entirely new results from what is normally there (totally different from the normal Google results). I also noticed what appeared to be Google Adwords on the right hand side. After looking more closely, I determined that the listings were actually powered by Overture. This makes total sense due to Yahoo's acquisition of Overture. I checked seven other computers in my office and I was the only one seeing these results. After I cleared my cache, the results were back to the normal results powered by Google. One additional difference I noticed with the new results was a grey bar across the top allowing people to sign in to Yahoo. Again, once I cleared my cache it was gone. Has anyone noticed the same thing?
  3. Modsky
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Welcome VISIT Hope you enjoy our little forum.

As for your question you may have been seeing the Inktomi powered results they have been integrating them once in a while getting ready to switch over within the first quarter and dropping Google powered results

Cheers
    Webmasters who spend their energies upholding the spirit of the basic principles [Of Google] will provide a much better user experience and subsequently enjoy better ranking than those who spend their time looking for loopholes they can exploit. Google.com

Real Estate
  5. Kiss My Converse!
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by visitguernsey
    I've been reading seochat.com for some time now and just decided to become a member. Hello to all. Yesterday I did a search on Yahoo and came up with entirely new results from what is normally there (totally different from the normal Google results). I also noticed what appeared to be Google Adwords on the right hand side. After looking more closely, I determined that the listings were actually powered by Overture. This makes total sense due to Yahoo's acquisition of Overture. I checked seven other computers in my office and I was the only one seeing these results. After I cleared my cache, the results were back to the normal results powered by Google. One additional difference I noticed with the new results was a grey bar across the top allowing people to sign in to Yahoo. Again, once I cleared my cache it was gone. Has anyone noticed the same thing?
    Nice to have you here - I am sure you will find some very knowledgable people!
  7. Modsky
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

John Nice pic lol

You look like me the morning after 1 to many molson Canadian
  9. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

There is a very good chance that what you actually saw was an InkTomi test server result. I cleared my cache and internet stuff in the control panel 2 days ago - and when I went to Yahoo - I got nothing but Inktomi results with no Google feed whatsoever. My buddy at the next desk is seeing nothing but Google. If you notice this - check the Yahoo results against MSN - which also uses an Inktomi feed. If they look similar - but maybe a different order here or there - that is what you are seeing.

Hope this helps.