Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Kiss My Converse!
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Google representative on SEOChat

I have finally gotten ahold of one of my contacts over at Google. I explained to them how it would be mutually beneficial if we were able to partner with Google and have one of their representatives on SEOChat to post messages and answer visitors questions. Their response was that they prefer to remain agnostic and not get involved with sites such as SEOChat.

I mentioned this Googleguy person on Webmasterworld, their response was, 'we do not have representatives that act in a official capacity on any site other than our own'.

I thought that was a very telling statement.

Well in the meantime, we will have to rely on each other to see our way through the SEO challenges!
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

WOW! Now THAT is interesting!
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

The googleguy mistery is clearing up. Thanks Jon, great work! (hey if you know one of those pretty girls over at google, give me a call )
  7. Kiss My Converse!

Will do ST! ;)

Maybe we can work a spy into Google and get the real scoop as to whats going on over there.
  9. SEO Freak

The key in their response was "official capacity" Googleguy always claimed he was there in his free time and was not there in an official capacity. He is however of coursed sanctioned to be there.

So basically you need to find someone there to post in a private capacity. They would need to be in a high position as well.
  11. Kiss My Converse!

Well the impression I got was they did not sanction him, didnt want to discuss him, almost as if he didnt exist.
  13. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I think that some authoritative outflow of information from any of the SEs would go a long way to promoting their image.

Actually, the LESS they tell about algos etc. the more work there will be for SEOs... when they publish the "cookbook"... things will really go downhill for SEO consulting and those of us who do SEO work on our own sites.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Googleguy doesn't exist? You aren't going to tell me the same thing about the Easter Bunny, now are you? :grin:
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Who cares, I think googleguy's statements are amusing. He always gives me a good laugh with his B.S.

The only thing funnier is the people that hang on his every word and take it as gospel truth.
    I could give you more information from a fortune cookie. Lol!
  19. Contributing User

Sure is funny holymoly, I've seen plenty of articles on google (from well known news networks) basing all their thoughs and facts on googleguy's saying. Now that's ridiculous.
  21. Contributing User

"agnostic" ???

Thought they were Baptists. Heh Heh
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

i dont quite follow why people follow the cryptic comments made anyway - always no descript and relatively pen ended - the Q& A session was utterly pointless (last month or so)

However if he wasnt from google im sure he would have had some hassle by now from G!?

Anyway im going to reincarnate as Overhooguy from now on lol
  25. Contributing User

overhooinkguy more like it...
  27. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Re: Google representative on SEOChat

Originally posted by Jcaputo
    I have finally gotten ahold of one of my contacts over at Google. I explained to them how it would be mutually beneficial if we were able to partner with Google and have one of their representatives on SEOChat to post messages and answer visitors questions. Their response was that they prefer to remain agnostic and not get involved with sites such as SEOChat.

I mentioned this Googleguy person on Webmasterworld, their response was, 'we do not have representatives that act in a official capacity on any site other than our own'.

I thought that was a very telling statement.

Well in the meantime, we will have to rely on each other to see our way through the SEO challenges!
    What benefits would Google get from this?

As Webby pointed GG does the forum thing because it interests him. Asking Google to say "delegate a representative" would be bad for Google.

The moment this materialized, 50 forums would all want their own rep - "you did it for nothing at SEOChat why not at my forum", and a worse public relationship nightmare would develop.

Said the big fish to the small fry - "what's in it for me"? "How much will I make"? "What is my return"?

As Google does have their own Public Relation's channel - establishing another (from their side) is under-productive.

But money does talk - and sponsors have money, and always need more quality exposure.

Forum growth will probably make this a reality - in the future.
  29. Contributing User

Jcaputo, if what you say is true, than I know enough about that Googleguy. ;-)
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: