1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Unhappy Google is removing my pictures, help me!

Hi, guys, we did some file-name-optimizing months ago, and change the file name to meaningful words instead of some code, after the change, the number of the indexed images getting less and less, and I dont know what to do, can anyone please help me?
    we have "=" in the file name, do you think it is the reason?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by forresttsao
    we have "=" in the file name, do you think it is the reason?
    Out of curiosity why on earth do you have an '=' in the file name? Switch them to a dash '-' to be industry standard. See if that helps. I seriously doubt it will hurt and it should not be too hard depending upon your back end.
  5. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

'=' wouldnt hurt the serp (still I would also change them to '-'), did you change anything other then the file names? If not its prob just a case of waiting fot google to pick up on the changes and find your new images (google will see the new named images as new images and not the old images so it may take a bit to re-index them all).
  7. No Profile Picture

Thanks for help

Originally Posted by 1-Clan
    '=' wouldnt hurt the serp (still I would also change them to '-'), did you change anything other then the file names? If not its prob just a case of waiting fot google to pick up on the changes and find your new images (google will see the new named images as new images and not the old images so it may take a bit to re-index them all).
    Thank you 1-Clan and realityhack, thanks for help. these are what I have done to my pictures:
    1. change the name from "domain/resource/Gallery/Initial//2039393020206.jpg"
    to "images.domain/MiMwMDJfMDAyIzI3NDE1MTEwMA==/auto-part-semi-metallic-brake-pads.jpg"

2. we actually keep both file names, that means one photo has two file names, because the many old ones have been indexed by google and we dont want to lose them

3. add anchor text link to the picture, surround the picture with text related

Can you give me some suggestions?

Thanks!
    Last edited by forresttsao; Sep 8th, 2009 at 08:07 PM. Reason: wrong spelling
  9. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by forresttsao
    Thank you 1-Clan and realityhack, thanks for help. these are what I have done to my pictures:
    1. change the name from "domain/resource/Gallery/Initial//2039393020206.jpg"
    to "images.domain/MiMwMDJfMDAyIzI3NDE1MTEwMA==/auto-part-semi-metallic-brake-pads.jpg"

2. we actually keep both file names, that means one photo has two file names, because the many old ones have been indexed by google and we dont want to lose them

3. add anchor text link to the picture, surround the picture with text related

Can you give me some suggestions?

Thanks!
    First of all do you really need /MiMwMDJfMDAyIzI3NDE1MTEwMA== in the path? I would personally remove that as its just a load of crap (pardon my french). You may want to move the files back to /resource/Gallery/Initial/ as google should find them faster as it already crawls that file location for your old images (just move all your old images to a new folder and only have the new ones in the old folders).

I think is just a case of waiting for google to re-index your images under the new names/location.
  11. No Profile Picture

Thanks

Originally Posted by 1-Clan
    First of all do you really need /MiMwMDJfMDAyIzI3NDE1MTEwMA== in the path? I would personally remove that as its just a load of crap (pardon my french). You may want to move the files back to /resource/Gallery/Initial/ as google should find them faster as it already crawls that file location for your old images (just move all your old images to a new folder and only have the new ones in the old folders).

I think is just a case of waiting for google to re-index your images under the new names/location.
    Thanks, 1-Clan, it is said image bot only crawl one site a few times a year, and I look up the server log for image.google, and I did not find it, do you think it is the problem?
  13. No Profile Picture

The number of times your website is scanned depends on:

- how regularly you update
    - the importance of the website
    - how many recent incoming links you have had

and many more but those are the major ones.

You seem to be doing verything ok with images, did you change the text around them recently?
  15. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by simstar
    The number of times your website is scanned depends on:

- how regularly you update
    - the importance of the website
    - how many recent incoming links you have had

and many more but those are the major ones.

You seem to be doing verything ok with images, did you change the text around them recently?
    Hi, No, the pictures are the products photos, and the text around the pictures are product information, they wont change since they were there!
  17. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I agree with 1-clan, this is not good:
    MiMwMDJfMDAyIzI3NDE1MTEwMA==

is that some base 64 code?

also are the new images static or are they being rewritten somehow?

IF they are static it would be easy to then use a rewrite and replace the jibberish with a folder name like /product-images/

another option is to take these images:
    domain/resource/Gallery/Initial//2039393020206.jpg

and rewrite them via htaccess to look like this:
    domain/auto-part-semi-metallic-brake-pads-2039393020206.jpg

but without having a full grasp on what you have going here it is had to say anything other than your second url looking like it's been base 64 encoded