Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google removed just one URL of my site

Hello everyone,

My site is a forum made with wordpress. It's about opinions of insurance companies in Spain. I had one topic well positioned, it was positioned over the web of the insurance company and it was giving me a lot of traffic for several months.

Suddenly, this URL is not appearing anymore. I've checked other topics well-positioned and they haven't suffered changes. I checked the URL with Free Monitor for Google and it's not appearing.

I don't know what happened. I thought that the insurance company may contacted Google or something to remove my topic.

Also, my site appeared in 4th position during months in the search "foro de seguros" and now is appearing 11th.

What can I do? I would like to index the topic again.

Excuse my awful English. Thank you.
  3. No Profile Picture

I have to say that this topic has 4 pages and Google indexes the 2nd, 3rd and 4th. But not the one which was positioned.

I'm saying this because I've checked with siteurl)

Thanks
  5. Addicted to SEO
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

There are a few things you need to check:
    1. Have you used "site:domain.com/page.html" or "site:www.domain.com/page.html"? I'm asking about it because lots of people use command with "www" subdomain while their website is indexed mostly without "www".
    2. Also check "cache:domain.com/page.html" - can you find something?
    3. Check "site:domain.com" to see if Google displays a notification about removing some pages as the result of DMCA request. You should check all pages of results as such a notification may be displayed on the last page.
    4. Copy some text and search it in Google. Have you found any very similar results to yours? Maybe the page was removed because it has duplicate content. You can also use Copyscape Plagiarism Checker - Duplicate Content Detection Software to check it.
    5. Check Google Webmaster Tools - go to the tab where there's a list of all pages that were removed by someone who have the access to your account. It may have happened accidentaly.
    6. Check whether the page has noindex tag.
    7. How many backlinks do this page have?
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Lexy
    There are a few things you need to check:
    1. Have you used "site:domain.com/page.html" or "site:www.domain.com/page.html"? I'm asking about it because lots of people use command with "www" subdomain while their website is indexed mostly without "www".

In both ways it doesn't appear. What appear is the second and the third page, not the first.

2. Also check "cache:domain.com/page.html" - can you find something?

It displays the home.

3. Check "site:domain.com" to see if Google displays a notification about removing some pages as the result of DMCA request. You should check all pages of results as such a notification may be displayed on the last page.

In the last page (63) it just says something like "we're omitting irrelevant results"

4. Copy some text and search it in Google. Have you found any very similar results to yours? Maybe the page was removed because it has duplicate content. You can also use Copyscape Plagiarism Checker - Duplicate Content Detection Software to check it.

I've searched the content of the first comment on the first page but it doesn't display the website.
    I've checked copyscape and says that there are no similar pages.

5. Check Google Webmaster Tools - go to the tab where there's a list of all pages that were removed by someone who have the access to your account. It may have happened accidentaly.

I don't see anything wrong here.

6. Check whether the page has noindex tag.

It hasn't.

7. How many backlinks do this page have?

Some, I don't know how much, but I shared it on Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus.
    Thank you for your response. I still don't know what to do.
  9. Addicted to SEO

1. OK.
    2. To make it clear - does cache:domain.com/page.html display domain.com instead of domain.com/page.html? It shouldn't. Have you used canonical tag on the page.html which tells Google that the home page is the original version?
    3. OK.
    4. OK.
    5. OK.
    6. OK.
    7. You can check it in https://www.majesticseo.com/ or https://ahrefs.com/ but make sure you're checking links to the single page, not the whole domain.
  11. No Profile Picture

[QUOTE=Lexy;1129092]
    2. To make it clear - does cache:domain.com/page.html display domain.com instead of domain.com/page.html? It shouldn't. Have you used canonical tag on the page.html which tells Google that the home page is the original version?

----

I've just checked cache:domain.com/page with no WWW and it displays a 404 page error. But it happens with all the topics on the forum. Otherwise, it doesn't happen with pages like the blog.

I've also checked it with cache:www.domain.com/page and it redirects me to the home. But if I try it with cache:www.domain.com/page/page2/ it works well.

In the home I have the canonical tag that is copied automatically to the rest of the pages.

I've just realized that I have two canonical tags. The first one which I created is for the home. The second one is created automatically for the page URL. The website is made with wordpress and I've updated the version two weeks ago. Would having two canonical tags penalize me in some way?

One thing: My ending URL pages doesn't have ".html" they are like "domain.com/page/bad-insurance-company/"
    7. You can check it in https://www.majesticseo.com/ or https://ahrefs.com/ but make sure you're checking links to the single page, not the whole domain.

These pages don't show me any results. Majesticseo displays this:
  13. No Profile Picture

URL Last Crawled

07 Jan 2014

Final Redirect Result

Unknown

URL Redirects To

http://www.domain.com/

Last Crawl Result

RedirectCanonical

I think I'm close to the problem but I still can't see it. What do you think? Should I think that the insurance company made something to erase my topic?
  15. Addicted to SEO

Originally Posted by Ruger
    I've just checked cache:domain.com/page with no WWW and it displays a 404 page error.
    So Google might have removed the page from its indexed because it thought the topic was deleted. If so, just point some backlinks to this page and it should be back in the results.
    I've also checked it with cache:www.domain.com/page and it redirects me to the home. But if I try it with cache:www.domain.com/page/page2/ it works well.
    I must say it's more and more complicated without knowing the full address ;-) Can you write it on the forum or in private message?
    One thing: My ending URL pages doesn't have ".html" they are like "domain.com/page/bad-insurance-company/"
    It was just an example ;-)
    These pages don't show me any results. Majesticseo displays this:
    So, you know what to do. Make sure the page returns 200 status code and it's canonical tag doesn't direct to the home page, get some links or ping this page and wait a few hours/days. Then check Google again. It seems there's a problem with canonical tag but if there are no backlinks, the problem may happen again even after correcting canonical tags.
  17. No Profile Picture

Hello again,

I've done the backlinks but it's still deindexed.

Here's the addres www(dot)aimfri(dot)com(slash)opinion-qualitas-auto-seguros(slash)

Thank you very much for your help.
  19. No Profile Picture

Hello,

I just noticed that it happened to me with another topic. But what I saw this time is that there are pages indexed with no content. For example: www.domain.com/topic/page3/ and if you enter, there's nothing because the topic comments haven't reached the third page.

I remember it's made with bbpress plugin for wordpress. Anyone can help me?
  21. Addicted to SEO

This page has been removed because it redirects with 301 to another. It looks like there's been a change in the URL structure.

The one you've shown is:
    www.domain.com/page-name
    but the new structure is:
    www.domain.com/foros/topic/page-name

It's OK that the old structure is being removed from the index as Google should now replace it with the new one. That's why some pages have disappeared (ie. www.domain.com/topic/page3/) - a webmaster must have overlooked some pages which he should have redirect.

Comments on this post

• Ruger agrees
  23. No Profile Picture

Sorry, I forgot to write the complete structure.

We changed the URLs but it was like 5 months ago. When I made the change I wrote a code on .htaccess to redirect the old URLs to the new URLs, I did that to avoid the loss of visits.
  25. Addicted to SEO

Well, reindexation may take a while, even a few months. But it also mean that the old structure must be removed from the index.

So, are there still any problems with indexing some topics on the new structure?
  27. No Profile Picture

No, the new topics are being well indexed.
  29. No Profile Picture

So, should I remove the re-direction that I wrote on htaccess file?

This is happening to some topics now, and I don't know what to do, because I'm loosing traffic.

Thank you very much for your helping and patience.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: