Results: Is Google totally automated? 

Voters
36 You may not vote on this poll

• Absolutely! Google Algorithm is 100% automated! No human factors are involved at all!
    13.89%
  • Google is mostly automated, say 98%, but some human tweaks have to be added
    29  80.56%
  • Google is just 60% to 70% automated
    5.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. A trained killer.. in SEO
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Is Google really totally automated?

Hi...
    What do you think of this one?
    Is Google 100% automated? Or is there human factor involved?
    In other words, does the whole algorithm run by itself? Or do Google guys surf the Internet regularly, looking for sites to ban? or for sites to prevent from passing PR and so on?

What do you think?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Dear msaad,

Yes google is totally automated search engine. not involved for human factor. it totally automated, automated updated engine and automated pr updater.
  5. unused title
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

human tweaks will always have to be done, theyd have to sift through emails from people complaining about bad sites, questions from webmasters etc.. and then act accordingly.

but.. it is mostly automated, beside the 'feedback/take action' factor.
  7. http://tinyurl.com/cz56g
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

It's a bit difficult to interpret the meaning of the percentage... If you mean the percentage of computing power handled by actual computers, or the number of files sorted to make up the serps, I guess 100% would be the right choice ;) But I just see visions of rooms full of people surfing like maniacs, with the occasional raucous laughter and lots of button pushing and parameter tweaking I bet there's a lot of human intervention involved already, and if software can't keep up it might even get less automated (and therefore slower !?).
  9. unused title

hehe, i picture the googleplex to look like playtime at a pre school, strange looking people throwing inanimate objects around, laughing, joking...

but with a secret cellar below where they chain up their most valuable engineers.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I would have thought some human tweaks are required. As already noted a machine cannot reply to emails although it could possibly check "reported" sites.
  13. Contributing User

Google is fully automated search engine; however, there is a certain human factor exists - online SPAM form, which you can fill out in case you thing some website behaves in a SPAMMY way.

More info about SPAM report here: http://www.google.com/contact/spamreport.html
  15. Contributing User

Originally Posted by msaad
    Hi...
    What do you think of this one?
    Is Google 100% automated?
    No

Or is there human factor involved?
    Yes

Or do Google guys surf the Internet regularly, looking for sites to ban? or for sites to prevent from passing PR and so on?
    No
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

My guess is that there are human tweaks which then get incorporated into the algorithm
  19. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

I would like to hope that Google uses humans to
    a. view submitted URLs and approve them
    b. If the spiders/algorithm come across a site that is worthy of a ban. I hope strongly that a human will make the final decision.
    Work Smarter, Not Harder
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Google has product managers assign to major top categories such as finance, software, etc..
    I'm not talking about reps from Adwords but quality control managers for user content experience.
    They could very well choose who's going to appear in major keyword searches..
  23. Savior of the Whales
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I am about 99.9999999% POSITIVE that google will SELL YOU A #1 spot ...... i know of sites that could only maintain the #1 spot they have from the past 3 years ith ALL the changes by BUYING IT ......

I just dont know 1) who to call to buy one myself .... or 2) if google themselves sells it or if some google employee is selling it out the back door for cash or some services in KIND

I THINK that google lets BIG ADWORDS ADVERTISERS GET AWAY WITH CLOAKING ..... so then they can get the #1 spot easy ..... so maybe thet is how they sell it ..... i have PERSONALLY see this ..... i reported a #1 site for CLOAKING and google DID NOTHING ..... even after i made a BIG DEAL about it ..... i wrote the GOOGLE GUY for an explination and NEVER EVEN GOT A RESPONSE ..... NADA ......

the MOST curious part of it ..... is three days after i made my cloaking report to google ..... this site CHANGED their cloaking strategy ...... so it seems they were tipped off that someone knew about their activities and they needed to use a different approach .......

i have SOLID proof of all this, in fact i have sent it to several news agencies already ..... eventually i assume i will be able to subpoena from google documents to show INTERNALLY what did they do with my spam (cloaking) reports which i sent thru regular channels as well as to several of their management emails and to the google guy too ..... so that will be REAL INTERESTING ..... i have a few years left to get around to that ...... i may wait till the shareholder lawsuites get started to do that ..... and it will take some time for that i guess.

any black hat guy can tell you that if you did not have to worry about getting banned .... you can cloak yourself to the #1 serp with 100% certainty ANYTIME for any KW .....

so this is my belief ....... spend enough at google then you can cloak your way to the top SAFELY ..... ith no worries.

But I will be sure to post those answers here when i find it out
    Last edited by JoeBob; Oct 10th, 2004 at 01:45 PM.
    *** Search Engine News, Jesus helps JOE BOB SEO save the whales. ***
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I am about 99.9999999% POSITIVE that google will SELL YOU A #1 spot
    If they will sell you the #1 spot in the SERPS, why would you have to cloak your site? I mean, you bought the #1 spot, it's yours, right?
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by driver
    If they will sell you the #1 spot in the SERPS, why would you have to cloak your site? I mean, you bought the #1 spot, it's yours, right?
    I think what Joe is trying to say is if you're a huge adwords spender, you can reach spetacular positions in the organic (natural) search..
  29. http://tinyurl.com/cz56g
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Oi, who clicked on the 70% vote just now?
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: