1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google ranking help. bouncing all over the place

Last year I had problems with my metatags and was advised to make some changes which seemed to help get me out of the sandbox. Ive since gone through and found about a dozen or so bad links from the site and removed those. My problem is that Im bouncing all over the place in google. Sometimes ranking ads high as 13, then dropping drastically to 200, 800 or 900. This has been going on for past few months. The site does not have a lot fo traffic because of this. When I do a google ranking check, when it says Im ranked 246 for example, I click on check google, to see if Im actually there and am never on that page. Ive even checked page before and after. Matter of fact, the only time I ever am able to find my site using check google is when one day a month or two I manage to get in to # 13 spot. Then I click check google and I can find my site. Can anyone take a look and help me out here?
    the site is www dot ocalacafe dot com. Im trying to come up under the keyword ocala classifieds.
    Also, it stating I have only one back link when I know I have at least 4 or 5. They are on dynamic php linking sites if that means anything.
    Is the google ranking that unreliable or am I missing something. Thanks for any help or suggestions.
  3. SEO bull
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by shutterbug
    When I do a google ranking check, when it says Im ranked 246 for example, I click on check google, to see if Im actually there and am never on that page. Ive even checked page before and after. Matter of fact, the only time I ever am able to find my site using check google is when one day a month or two I manage to get in to # 13 spot. Then I click check google and I can find my site. Can anyone take a look and help me out here?
    Your ranking check tool may use different DC as you use when you check it on google.

Originally Posted by shutterbug
    Is the google ranking that unreliable or am I missing something. Thanks for any help or suggestions.
    Yes, you are missing something. Read more about SEO.
    As I briefly checked your site, you have the same or quite the same titles on many pages. Make them unique for every page. And I am sure that there are more things to do.