1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google Ranking Drop

I have recently experienced a major Google ranking drop and and can't quite figure out why and was hoping that maybe some of the experts in this forum could help me out.

My website is Wordpress based and is running the plugin Wordpress SEO by Yoast. It was preforming very well at first when I was publishing articles (always in the first page atleast) and now some of my articles aren't even in the top 100. A majority of my articles that were raking very high aren't in the top 100 results anymore.

If I go look on bing and search for the exact same thing then I find that my site is ranking very well, first page or even the first result.

I write a lot of product reviews on my site and then include affiliate links at the end of the articles giving the readers a place to buy the product if they have an interest. When I first started writing these articles I wouldn't include the "rel=nofollow" on the affiliate links. Since I have taken the google ranking hit I have since went through my articles and edit the affiliate links to include the "rel=nofollow" tag. This was a few days ago and I have not seen an improvement.

Also a few days ago I added some 125 x 125 ads in my sidebar that I also didn't include the "rel=nofollow" tag at first and I have since corrected to add the "rel=nofollow" tag.

I am not quite sure what else I can do to help my SEO with Google. Bing SEO seems to be just fine though that doesn't really matter to me because more than 90% of my traffic comes from Google search.

Any help would be appreciated and I am open to any/all suggestions.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hope you know recently there was Panda update and Google EMD update along with layout update.

Can you tell us on what exact date you saw decline in traffic (you can see your analytic graph).
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Ricky
    Hope you know recently there was Panda update and Google EMD update along with layout update.

Can you tell us on what exact date you saw decline in traffic (you can see your analytic graph).
    I have been submitting my articles to Reddit to recoup some traffic so I can't say an exact date. This week and last is when I really started to notice that my articles dropped from #1 to not in to top 100 at all though.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Well, I have been hit by something similar, one of my site had real bad SE traffic but I didn't worry as have equal amount of referral traffic too, but things were not good, I checked logs and found that SE traffic is almost zero from certain dates.

IF you use Google analytics, in traffic sources, you can filter result by search engines , please check there and let us know.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Ricky
    Well, I have been hit by something similar, one of my site had real bad SE traffic but I didn't worry as have equal amount of referral traffic too, but things were not good, I checked logs and found that SE traffic is almost zero from certain dates.

IF you use Google analytics, in traffic sources, you can filter result by search engines , please check there and let us know.
    From around the 13th of October I have noticed a steady drop in Google search referrals. I am still getting some but hardly any at all. Some of my articles are still on the front page of Google but MANY that were once on the front page now are long lost from the top 100 results.
  11. No Profile Picture

And since the 23rd of October I have had a massive traffic decline.