1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Google Problem With One Of My Sites: A Mystery Problem

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&rls=GGLC%2CGGLC%3A1969-53%2CGGLC%3Aen&q=%22zteamsells.com%22&btnG=Search

"These terms only appear in links pointing to this page: zteamsells com"

You receive this aboove message(The message in " ") If you click on the link shown at the beginging of this posting and then click chached where it says Sports Articles & Forums | Best darn content at Raz-Sports.com
    Sports community for fans to read or submit sports content.
    www.raz-sports.com/ - 6k - Cached - Similar pages.

So, Google has penaziled my parents website(zteamsells) cause it seems to think I've
    linked both sites between each, I guess. Problem is I have not done that nor have I used hidden links or text.

On these SEO forums(I'm a member of) one of the seo experts keeps telling me to clean up the zteamsells.com website. It needs to be cleaned up and all. Any suggestions? I am lost here and frustrated.

This is causing me to NOT get much sleep. I am so stressed out.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by razsports
    "These terms only appear in links pointing to this page: zteamsells com"
    This message is a very regular message. It simply means that the text of your page in cache does not contain the words zteamsells.com, which is obviously true.

It also means that somewhere on the web there is a page with a link to your site containing these words in the text of the link. This is in no way a sign of penalty.

Jean-Luc
  5. Contributing User

Hi ther razsports,

can you make your problems clear? point out your main problems? make some details?
    thanks
  7. Contributing User

do you try to update your content to control your suplementals?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

jaguar-archie,

I own raz-sports.com/. My parents own zteamsells.com/. I've built both sites. If you head on over to google and type in "zteamsells.com", raz-sports.com shows up maybe 2 or 3 times
    pointing to the terms, zteamsells.

The people over on another SEO forum are telling me zteamsells.com is penalized cause I own both sites and are linking between both sites that have nothing to do with each other. They also telling me I should start over and re-design zteamsells.com.
    However, I keep telling them I have NOT linked the two sites together or used hidden links/text. If you visit the two sites, the content is NOT the same nor have I posted a link on zteamsells to razsports.com or the other way around.

I am lost and confused. Should I re-design zteamsells.com? I disagree as I think it looks nice and to the point. Is the sire penalized or is there a future risk?

All, I do know is I just want to own and run my sports site, build my parents site and let them be.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

any other suggestions?
  13. What do you do again?

I think losing sleep over a possible penalty to your parent's site is a complete waste of time. Your parent's site has like 13 back links and only a dozen or so pages. They are in the real estate field. Get a few hundred pages indexed and 1000 back links and see if they still don't show up in the searches.

btw. one of those search results was an SEO directory. If you have really never linked the two sites together, and are sure that you never mistakenly linked to the wrong site w/ the other's anchor text then maybe that SEO directory listing has something to do with it:

Raz-Sports.com

504 Lanesboro Rd

Cheshire
    MA
    Phone:501-635-3249
    Web Site: http://www.raz-sports.com pages in Google Whois

Description
    Our website and services provide sports information for fans and hobby collectors. Our services include a sports directory, ppc search engine, blogs, forums and even a sports role playing game.

Services Sports directory and ppc search engine.
    Established 2003
    Clients 2
    Employees 2
    Portfolio www.zteamsells.com Whois pages in Google
    http://sportscardlists.com/ Whois pages in Google
    www. Whois pages in Google
    www. Whois pages in Google
  15. Moderator
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Your not penalized. You appear to have your index page indexed on google and just need to get more links so google will index the rest. Link exchanging two sites like this won't get you banned or penalized as far as I know. I have linked 3 sites to each other which where on the exact same IP and never had a problem. But they were related content.

And after trying to navigate your site I think I found the problem. Maybe is this is a temporary issue or you need a new host. I suggest the latter. - I cannot navigate to any of your pages. Get a host error. Google hates these. If this happens a couple times when the googlebot comes you will feel it.

And not to mention your content which stinks. It is very stale. It is hard to tell is is a real estate site. And google may have a hard time figuring this out as well. Yeah you have the keywords: "Zteamsells.com-ReMax Real Estate Team" in bold but there is so little text on the page and this is the bare mention of your keywords and site name it will be hard for Google to tell.
    You need to add a banner for your visitors atleast. It is a real estate site you know. Then you need content for your Googlebot and all HTML links with targetted anchor text.

Again before navigating the site I need the error fixed. So if you are unaware of this problem contact your host asap. If you have this problem often can the host and find a more reliable one.
    -DONíT BUY Keyword Elite V2 till you read this review- Please Digg!
    -SeoChat SEO FAQ - Read the FAQ. It may answer your question.
    -Ultimate Guide to Link Building - What you always wanted to know!
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi Visio,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have contacted the hosting company. As for content? I am working on that end of the site.I don't know much about real estate. So I've setup a meeting with my parents in regards to this matter.
    Last edited by razsports; Aug 8th, 2006 at 01:05 AM.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Visio,

Again, thanks. I told my parents they need to sit down with me and let me handle matters My sports site ranks well, has excellent page rank and the other sites I've designed are in the same boat as my sports site.

What I think I might do is spent a day at their office and see how the real estate world works. I need to come up with some excellent content for their home page, listings opening page and about the Berkshires.