1. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Google will re-brand or change their motto to "top paid search directory" (well they should do lol) because lets face it google are all about the money now and that means more of google will be come paid only just like the shopping results! And don't say google have said they wont change to paid, because that's what they said about its shopping results!

Next on the list, google will find away to use more of G+ towards its ranking in the hope that more people will use their social network over FB and Twitter, then towards the end of 2013, someone at google might (just might) realise that they really need to get back in with FB and twitter because they are the top players in social networks still!

By this point, google will have missed their second (maybe third?) shot because MS will have bought into FB and closed googles window because FB will be tied down and more then happy with Bing.

Really, I think MS will work to buy into FB before the brains at Google ask to sign a new contract with them to gain more data which they will of course hide from everyone else like they do in analytics.

As mentioned above, analytics will continue to become hard to find search data, or rather with end up removing it all so we don't know what was searched for. Google will consider changing the whole of analytics to paid only (because all they want is money) and then they will think a little more like me and charge people for an upgrade package which will unlock "Not Provided" data.

Oh and we will have yet another date given for the end of the world in 2013 as the end of the world date for 2012 will pass by just like all the others lol
    Last edited by NathanielB; Dec 18th, 2012 at 04:39 AM.
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Is your mean analytic are not really able to give better tracking result? Is you are pointing to Google urchin? I still don't understand why exactly Google closing it?
  5. Busting SEOChat Spammers!

Well it seems that FB have gone into local search without the need for Bings help! Facebook Gets Into Local Search With "Facebook Nearby" For iOS & Android

Maybe this will change our predictions of FB using Bings search? I still think FB would need help in the search field, but with the update to show local businesses in their nearby app, they are showing that they are willing to and capable of going into search on their own!

Whether that would be a wise move or not is another question, but this may help get the cogs at Bing and Google churning as this app could be a big hit for many FB users!
  7. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

I think there will be more and more scam artists selling "Facebook optimization"..... especially with their jump into local search.......

I also think their local search is just an experiment for a bigger leap....

Mobile optimization will be a primary focus for SEOs one of these days..... and I'm thinking 10 years from now the term will have dropped the "mobile" and will just simply be "optimization".
  9. SEO Consultant

Originally Posted by gazzahk
    You beeter be careful my friend the Chinese will arrest you..... Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian
    I don't know what's more BULL****. The Chinese arresting people or THIS POS WEBSITE WANTING TO CHARGE ME A DOLLAR TO READ THIS ARTICLE.
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  11. No Profile Picture

I have heard of Google Zebra update by this New Year and it is about to target SMO like Facebook shares ... So this is another jerk of SEO's.
  13. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by gazzahk
    You beter be careful my friend the Chinese will arrest you..... The Australian
    I predict America won't fall to that kind of government and Google may pull out of China for good.
    No wonder you enjoyed your trip to America.
    Last edited by Test-ok; Dec 18th, 2012 at 03:40 PM.
  15. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I think the Google need the global linking sites at the top
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I think 2013 will be the cleaning up of all those online directories that keep old business info after they are closed and when a new business opens with a different phone number sends mixed messages to maps.google and google places.

I deal with small business along the interstate restaurants, tow companies, they depend on google places, travelers rarely vist a website they use google places. OF course your web site healt can depend on where you are listed in google places.

I would like to see a google places category on this forum!

Comments on this post

• KernelPanic agrees : He does make a pretty good point...
  19. Extremely Googled
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Google, having hired a futurist, will announce Google Brain, where Google, using microwaves, will now spider and index your brain. Privacy advocates will freak out until Google announces that you can block the microwaves with a simple metallic hat.
    Sales of tin hats soar.

Microsoft tries to buy Facebook but fails, like they did with Yahoo. Stock prices fall. Shortly thereafter FB succeeds in a hostile takeover of MS. New company is renamed FaceSoft.

Yahoo, still struggling to find relevance in the new new new Internet, inks a deal with BlackBerry to provide exclusive search to BBOS 10. The deal is touted by both companies until BlackBerry declares bankruptcy in Q3 after BB10 fails to resurrect the brand. FaceSoft buys them out and promptly converts all BB10 phones to run Windows Mobile 8, now rebranded as WindowBook 1.0. Yahoo, despondent over their latest failure, is bought out by Google.

Google Chromebooks start to rise in market share until Apple introduces the MacBook paper, which weighs 1 oz, is as thin as paper and comes with the new iStylus ink accessory. When Google points out that the new Apple product is only pen and paper, users promptly chide Google for their lack of vision and sing the praises of MacBook paper all the louder, noting it has a longer runtime than Chromebook. Google, unable to rebut that, pulls the iOS versions of Google Maps in protest, resulting in hundreds of deaths when Apple users, forced back to iOS Maps, drive into the Pacific Ocean, having been told by Siri that they were going to Golden Gate park.

Google vows to deal with their privacy problems by not letting anyone know they are still collecting data.

Matt Cutts is revealed to be an android that was created by Google Life, a project started by Sergei Brin, where their goal is to create lifelike interface for companies who can't afford to hire a real human being. In the press conference it is let slip that the IRS has ordered 5000 of them. The Obama administration denies this and the Department of Justice sues Google for breach of contract. Nobody questions the contradiction.

Having realized nobody trusts Matt Cutts anymore, Google announces that the man writing the answers Matt was giving will now answer the questions about SEO directly. His name is Rhamanivja Shabjhavenakh. No questions are ever submitted again because nobody can spell his name and Google autosuggest mysteriously fails.

Comments on this post

• DarrenHaye agrees : ha
    • Ents agrees : lol
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

More Panda, Penguins , Black Bear updates in 2013 , also thinking if Matt Cutts will move to Yahoo or Bing.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Also small brands will disappear and Big brands will appear for any and every keyword they want in Google Searches.
    Big brands will target less searched keywords as well more and more.
    Last edited by Ebrar; Dec 22nd, 2012 at 05:56 AM.
  25. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by joshz
    Onpage SEO is going to take a shift, I feel.
    I think the theory of Google's on page SEO is good atm but what it really is might be a little different. I get pages that should suck for their word count etc and they get ranked well. Could because the keywords are competitive but the niche is so small they are not competitive in the scheme of things. Personally I can not wait to see what caffeine does. So, old domains and EMD get better rankings or was it EMD get a little bump down? Either way the whole old domain thing has got to change a little. There is really old domains that have built backlinks for like 10 years and they are still using bad content and really outdated HTML who still get ranked good.
    All the best on the new year and Merry Christmas to everyone here
  27. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Ebrar
    More Panda, Penguins , Black Bear updates in 2013 , also thinking if Matt Cutts will move to Yahoo or Bing.
    Do you think Cutts is getting jaded with Google. I have read articles where others have gone that way. Google is not the same beast is was a year or two ago.
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I predict Google will increase its paid search listings because the demand will go up and result in more relevant advertisers.

After all, if the paid search becomes as relevant as organic, what is the point of organic? Its a win- win for Google!