Thread: Google Plus

1. No Profile Picture

Google Plus

Hi All, How important do you think Google Plus is to SEO nowadays and for the future?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google Local is now merged with Google Plus. Google Plus is very important for promoting business nowadays.
  5. No Profile Picture

This is good for all seo's to promote their website link through Google+ which is another part of Smo.
  7. No Profile Picture

Very important for Google Authorship. Quoting Othar Hansson (Google Authorship Project), "We know that great content comes from great authors, and we're looking closely at ways this markup could help us highlight authors and rank search results."
    There are search benefits when you link content with authors (Rel="author", Rel=contributor,...), more exposure and engagement.
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I Think we are all still trying to figure out Google+. I predicted it would die just like wave, and it would have, if Google wasn't using it's monopoly to force it down everyone throats.

Few things that I've seen:

- Google+ is being more and more important to blog based sites, that live off Article Writing.
    - Very important into building Authority for the Author which seems to have a large impact on how Google is using Google+ to inject Google+ supported information into normal search results.
    - Google+ is more and more important it seems every month for certain keyphrases, Google search "SEO Google+"

I have not seen an impact on results by Google+ for my topic area, but that doesn't mean it's not coming. We are trying to hedge against it.

Talk to anyone that does not have a horse in the Google Game and they will say "Google + What?" Normal people don't use it and if Google cannot get normally people to use it then it will fail. Only perhaps supported by, ironically the SEO community, and Content Writers, Authors. If that is the only group that supports it, it's open for manipulation, and if so very well could be the downfall of Google.

My recommendation; buy the Google Kool aid. It's not like its going to kill you right?
  11. No Profile Picture

Thanks all. Yes I neglected G+ last year and perhaps underated more than I should. I think the rel=author side of it is going to be vital for SEO in 2013.

Chandler when you say it increase PageRank do you mean Googles PageRank? can you explain this?

Yes Dice79 I underated it too, and I don't know any of my personal friends that are on it. but with Google putting so much weight for it, it is essential now for SEOs to get involved IMO.

Thanks
  13. No Profile Picture

I think it is important for a site to use G+ because it can increase hits and serps.
  15. Contributing User

And what about any strategy of promoting a site via G+? I've realized recently that on certain keywords my site is in the top 10, to be more exact not my site but my G+ profile connected to it with the link to my site. But the most interesting and strange thing is that on other PC's or in other browsers I don't see my site in TOP 10.
  17. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by seohuntanalytic
    And what about any strategy of promoting a site via G+? I've realized recently that on certain keywords my site is in the top 10, to be more exact not my site but my G+ profile connected to it with the link to my site. But the most interesting and strange thing is that on other PC's or in other browsers I don't see my site in TOP 10.
    Perhaps you're just seeing personal results.
  19. Contributing User

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    Perhaps you're just seeing personal results.
    that's disappointing. why do this happen?
  21. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Blame Google, they target like everyone else.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I think there is value for Google plus even its not actually using that cause its created mostly people not looking for social conversation with people and even not searching brand presence in Google plus. Still I am experiencing better visits from twitter or Facebook in compare of Google plus. No doubt millions of members have been involved with Google plus but actually they are not performing their account. Even its only a way for improving search engine ranking but not social sites
  25. No Profile Picture

Like other social networking sites Google+ is also useful in point of view for seo. By making a page on Google+ you can manage your website traffic and also invite your friend circle to this activity.
  27. No Profile Picture

Google Plus play important role in seo this days. if you have good google plus profile than you will get benefit of it. this is my personal experience.

Nirav Patel