1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Lightbulb Google Places Page seems to be dead?

Hey guys..

Okay so I run a small business that specializes in well pump installations, well tank installations, well water treatment, etc.. We have been online for alittle over 2yrs now and realize that a large amount of business is now generated through the internet. So this business is run by my father & myself. I am 23yrs old with no web page building or seo experience but I try to handle the internet advertising myself being that it costs a lot of money to have someone else do it for you.

I built the site, I did all the SEO work myself as best as I could. Anyway, so I built this google place page right before I built our website. At the time, the competitors weren't really that involved with google so we were able to jump and hold the 1st spot for quite some time, well over the last few months it became weaker & weaker and now it seems like we are not even active. According to google analytics, in the past 30 days, its received 243 impressions with 0 actions.

I tried to slim the google place page down with all the BS content and make it a little more easier to read (because I did stuff it with keywords and it actually worked for some time). The place page is 100% completed, we have way more reviews then the competitors, I am just lost. I tried revising it a bit today and I want to see where that will take me..

We are located in NJ and we figure that most people would goto google and type something like "well pump repair" or "well pump service" followed by the town they live in. It seems we come up sometimes for "well pump service X-town,NJ" but not "well pump repair X-town, NJ". Eitherway we are getting 0 actions, not too many calls coming through, I gotta fix something.

<snip>

Thanks in advanced for any tips or advice!
    Last edited by dzine; Feb 28th, 2013 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Links will dump a post in the moderation queue...
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Make sure you are listed in the local directories like yelp, yp.com and so on. Also, start a G+ and a facebook page for your business.
  5. No Profile Picture

Can anyone clear my doubt..
    I submitted my site address in google places before 4 days..It is in pending status..But while searching for targeted keywords in google,In first page it shows our site address ..How to solve this issue
  7. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

You should get into some link building.

Regarding Google places, they send you a verification post card or phone call to verify the address and number.
    www.joshz.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email josh@joshz.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.