1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google Panda Update for beginners like me

Hi,

For any newcomers like me who needs to know more about the Google Panda update then this infographic I found helps a lot. Some of the grammar is a bit off but you can get the gist of what its saying.

If anyone who knows more than the infographic could enlighten me and others on the finer details of the algorithm update, that'd be amazing.

Thanks
    Last edited by joshz; Dec 13th, 2012 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Please do not manually insert signatures - please go to your user profile to set up a signature.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

5. No Profile Picture

Thanks eeyipes, that infographic is useful. I never knew the Panda update took in over 200 factors for its page rank!
  7. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by JMHeywood
    Thanks eeyipes, that infographic is useful. I never knew the Panda update took in over 200 factors for its page rank!
    Google uses over 200 factors in its algorithm to help positions sites in its SERPs

Not to be rude, but this is common knowledge, so maybe you need to read up on the basics? What have you been reading so far about seo? What sites do you use/follow for news in the seo world?

Search Engine Land have some very good resources on google updates, try these two links Google: Panda Update | Search Engine Land and Google: Penguin Update | Search Engine Land
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  9. No Profile Picture

Thanks, I'll look into it. I've been looking at some of the Whiteboard Friday's on SEOMoz and SEO by the sea have been quite useful. They're quite reputable aren't they? There seems to be a wealth of info so I'm just churning though as much as i can at the moment.
  11. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by JMHeywood
    Thanks, I'll look into it. I've been looking at some of the Whiteboard Friday's on SEOMoz and SEO by the sea have been quite useful. They're quite reputable aren't they? There seems to be a wealth of info so I'm just churning though as much as i can at the moment.
    Yes those sites are also good, but the best way to learn seo is hands on!

So if you have a site you can play with (not your money site or a client site etc) then your best way to learn is not to only read about seo and the changes google makes etc, but to also take what you learn to play with it. For example, say you read that google have changed how they use anchor text, go build some links on different sites using different anchor text and see what the out come is (there's more to it then that for a test, but you get the idea right?)

Another good way to learn is to play with the meta title and your on page content to see what works and what doesn't.

You don't need a lot of resources to do such tests, just the time and patience to practice what your learning. For example, playing with on site seo, you would only need a single domain, single hosting account and a simply template (on a cms or custom code depending on your skill set) because you could use different sub-domains to run different tests on your findings and see which works best for you.

The same goes for testing off site seo, create a blog or two about something you love and see where you can get it to rank using different link building tactics etc. For example, if you love racing cars, build a blog about F1, talk about it on other F1 sites, network with other site owners about cars and so on.

Although it is important to keep up with what's going on in the seo world, all that will help you to learn more then just reading about it!