1. Eating rice crackers
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Angry PR update wiped backlinks

Has anyone else experienced the same thing as me, no not good rankings, they are off the menu,

My query link:www.amortgage4you.co.uk

Returns 0 documents, I don't get it? I built over 1,000 high quality backlinks using google search results, relevant financial websites, links on a level 3 page with access from the front page,

WHAT THE F**** google?

It seems im not the only one P***** of about the google update. With all due respect I have followed guidelines and played by the rules to get a kick in the teeth?

And shifting my PR on my domain to 0 yet my index page stays pr3? i dont get it?

Any ideas people?
  3. KSL Consulting

Originally Posted by danielfoley
    Has anyone else experienced the same thing as me, no not good rankings, they are off the menu,

My query link:www.amortgage4you.co.uk

Returns 0 documents, I don't get it? I built over 1,000 high quality backlinks using google search results, relevant financial websites, links on a level 3 page with access from the front page,

WHAT THE F**** google?

It seems im not the only one P***** of about the google update. With all due respect I have followed guidelines and played by the rules to get a kick in the teeth?

And shifting my PR on my domain to 0 yet my index page stays pr3? i dont get it?

Any ideas people?
    A few comments:-

1. With the latest PR and BL update, nearly everyone has seen a reduction in the number of backlinks that Google actually displays using the link: command. It doesn't mean that Google isn't aware of many more backlinks; they are just displaying less.

2. In addition, they have de-listed and/or made PR0 lots of directories and reciprocal link exchange pages, so you will suffer some lost backlinks as a consequence. However, those links may still be indexed by other search engines and still offer some form of benefit - if not in Google.

3. Page Rank has no direct relationship with Google ranking anymore. That is set more by trust factors and number of quality backlinks. So, whilst your backlink count may appear to drop and your Page Rank remain at 3, the acid test is what happens to your ranking. You may find you are little affected.

4. If your site's inner pages have been de-indexed as well as PR0'd then you may well need some more quality one way links. I have seen this on a few of my clients sites which have few inbound links on this update.

I share your frustration with Google believe me. I strongly feel that they are out to destroy the SEO industry and all forms of artificial search engine result manipulation. It seems that reciprocal link pages are the latest target in their anti-SEO war. The arrogance of Google will, one day, be their undoing.
  5. Eating rice crackers

Thanks for your info, I agree, googles attempt to phase out certain things is driving people nuts, its a frustration that hardworking SEO's get a boot in the teeth because of the unethical practices of spammy link exchanges and blackhat SEO's, I can see googles mission, but surely it should take more into consideration then it does
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by danielfoley
    Thanks for your info, I agree, googles attempt to phase out certain things is driving people nuts, its a frustration that hardworking SEO's get a boot in the teeth because of the unethical practices of spammy link exchanges and blackhat SEO's, I can see googles mission, but surely it should take more into consideration then it does
    Google has no interest in making life any easier for any SEO, black hat or white hat. From their perspective we all manipulate the SERPS, it's just that that the black hatters do it in a more extreme manner that crosses the line that increases the chances of a ban. In an idealised Google world all web sites would just be built for human visitors, without any consideration for the search engines.
    Sussex Barn Dance
    The Hokey Cokey - is that really what it's all about?
  9. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I have noticed some decrease in a number of backlinks but not something fatal
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Sum this one up for me please..

So in a nutshell.... the links that google no longer shows in the updates on backlinks are links that they consider to be artificial or not of a certain quality ?...
  13. hctibselgoogtonmai
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Originally Posted by cunning_stunt
    So in a nutshell.... the links that google no longer shows in the updates on backlinks are links that they consider to be artificial or not of a certain quality ?...
    No, their link command is for entertainment purposes only... no relation to what's there or what counts. It has been this way for a very long time.
    My Favorite Tools: Web CEO - Ranking Reports, Keyword Research, Link Analysis | Hosting.com - U.S. Windows Hosting | ISAPI Rewrite - Rewrite & Redirect for Windows