1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

PR only on home page

I run a holiday rental website. Its free for people to sign up and list properties. In return I hope people use my affiliate links.

Just a quick question. I have a PR rating of 3 on my home page, but nothing has filtered through to the rest of the pages. The site has been going for about 4 months.

I was wondering If someone could be kind enough to look over the pages and see where I am might be going wrong and what I can do to improve rankings.

I am sure I am doing most things correctly like swapping links, title tags, alt tags, .htaccess file to clean up the URL

Please pm me and I will give you my URL
  3. Customized?
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

post your URL in this format domain dot com or something which can be read.
    title tags or alt tags have nothing to do with your PR. Maybe the site is too fresh that the rest of the pages got some PR at the last update.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Which your URL is? Adding a link to your home page on each subpage ould help.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by ade234uk
    I run a holiday rental website. Its free for people to sign up and list properties. In return I hope people use my affiliate links.

Just a quick question. I have a PR rating of 3 on my home page, but nothing has filtered through to the rest of the pages. The site has been going for about 4 months.

I was wondering If someone could be kind enough to look over the pages and see where I am might be going wrong and what I can do to improve rankings.

I am sure I am doing most things correctly like swapping links, title tags, alt tags, .htaccess file to clean up the URL

1. How are you checking your pagerank? Because the green bar in the google tool bar is updated quarterly. Your site has been live for four months, not enough time.

2. You could always try getting some deep links. Links to specific listing pages.

3. Tags do not have anything to do with page rank, only inbound links.

Hope that helps!
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by havoc
    2. You could always try getting some deep links. Links to specific listing pages.
    ^^ i think this is the best answer to your question.. do deep links.. try to gather backlinks to your subpages.. related and high PR backlinks can really help you get PR to your subpages...

you have to update regularly also your subpages,, and not only your home page,, it would be a big help to got high ranks in SERPs... ;)
  11. Contributing User

Strong internal link structure + deep linking (inbound) = Internal PR
  13. time for breakfast

If the sites only been up for four months I wouldn't worry about it yet. The homepage would not have acquired enough ability to pass one PR yet. If you still have this problem after a month from now, when PR has updated again, then I would worry. But having a good internal link structure and getting backlinks to sub pages will only help you, if you want to put in time now.
  15. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

1. Do a site: www.yoururl.com search to see if the pages are indexed at google.

2. Note if they do show up, if they are supplementals results or not. (If the are link to them from your front page and be sure they are in a top level subdirectory, plus bookmark them on a couple social bookmarking sites)

3. If they are in googles index and are not in the supplemental results, then sosh is correct, they haven't been up or indexed long enough to get by google's "spam" buffer - as I like to call it.

4. Create an xml sitemap and manually submit it to webmaster central. Also add it to your robots.txt file

5. Eliminate some of your files that do not need to be indexed like
    Disallow: /images/
    Disallow: /cp
    Disallow: /index.php
    Disallow: /index2.php
    Disallow: /jump.php
    Disallow: /?option=
    Disallow: /?webmenu=
    This will help Google crawl the site deeper and index more, faster

If you don't understand any of this just search the terms I used up in the search box in the top right corner or ask more questions.

GaryTheScubaGuy
  17. No Profile Picture

Absolutely excellent advice everyone. Thank you very much for your help.
  19. No Profile Picture

Absolutely excellent advice everyone. Thank you very much for your help.
    HERE IS THE WEB ADDRESS

www.adholidays{dot}co{dot}uk