1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Google Page Layout Update?

This week, many individuals experience the difference in "Google Page Layout", it is stated that "Google" has removed the underline from below the "Title", when you search for anything. And along with this it also increase the "Font-size" of "Title", these are the effects of "Google Page Layout Update". Does any 1 of you experienced any difference (positive or negative), due to this update.
  3. No Profile Picture

Haven't had any negative implications to this. Google has just changed the way the SERPs appear. No more yellow highlighted box for ads, they have a little yellow "ad" symbol beside them, font size, etc.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I think perhaps you are confusing previous algorithmic updates that have been referred to as "Page Layout" or "Above the Fold" updates with the recent changes made by Google that modified the appearances of the SERPs...

The changes in appearance for the SERPs should in no way impact the rankings for search terms. However, the font sizes for the Title Tag have grown a little bit, which means that there may be slightly less "real estate" in the title tags than previously. Over time, this may or may not affect Click-Through Rates (CTRs) for certain sites and queries. Only time will tell, but I'd be interested to see some larger scale analysis on this in the form of some case studies....
  7. No Profile Picture

I find this new styling pretty annoying. Hope I'm not the only one.