Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
    #1
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    St. James Gate
    Posts
    1,988
    Rep Power
    18

    Google Optimization FAQ's


    Hello All-

    I have purposefully misposted this thread in order to get help with a FAQ that I am putting together. There have been many complaints about the quantity of questions that are asked over and over. So I decided to put together an FAQ that can be referenced each time one of these questions are asked such as "How do I know if I am banned?".

    My goal is to encourage follow up questions rather than flaming or discouraging newbies. My hope is that if it is referenced enough it will also keep large theory posts from disappearing from the first page within hours.

    Now the complaint threads normally get over 30 responses within a day or two so I am hoping those same posters have the time to do something positive for this forum that has given so much.

    You can post or answer FAQ's here : http://forums.seochat.com/t17028/s.html

    I will be taking the questions and organizing them into a nice clean informative post that can be referenced. I am keeping it on this forum because I have no interest in backlinks, hosting it on one of my sites (with adsense etc) or for any type of PR benefit. I am truly just trying to improve this great resource as it grows.

    Thank you already to Pheonix and deregular
  2. #2
  3. http://tinyurl.com/cz56g
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    D0RDRECHT NL
    Posts
    6,063
    Rep Power
    31
    I don't encourage this type of misposting.*

    However, you know I very much appreciate the supersticky you're building here. I think I have a couple of Q&As to fill the gaps. But it will take some more collecting. Hope others like Phoenix and deregular contribute in the mean time. Cheers.

    * I have a memory like an elephant etc. ;) ;)
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    St. James Gate
    Posts
    1,988
    Rep Power
    18
    Originally Posted by Wit
    I don't encourage this type of misposting.*
    LOL...I appreciate the irony..believe me
  6. #4
  7. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, Washington, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,578
    Rep Power
    669
    excellent, we so need a sticky FAQ Post. Thanks for taking the initiative.
    Work Smarter, Not Harder
  8. #5
  9. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    St. James Gate
    Posts
    1,988
    Rep Power
    18
    Looks like I will already have to split the posts as it just hit 1000 characters! (is there a way to give an exception when I go to post the shiny cleaned up version?)

    I will leave the thread open until the weekend as I don't want to miss any of the basics. I will then edit it over time as some of the basics change as sometimes the problem with these types of FAQ's is the information changes but they are never updated.
  10. #6
  11. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Question Looking to Optimize our site


    Can anybody suggest a good SEO company? I am looking to Optimize and position http://www.btbsoft.com

    Originally Posted by Jasontnyc
    Hello All-

    I have purposefully misposted this thread in order to get help with a FAQ that I am putting together. There have been many complaints about the quantity of questions that are asked over and over. So I decided to put together an FAQ that can be referenced each time one of these questions are asked such as "How do I know if I am banned?".

    My goal is to encourage follow up questions rather than flaming or discouraging newbies. My hope is that if it is referenced enough it will also keep large theory posts from disappearing from the first page within hours.

    Now the complaint threads normally get over 30 responses within a day or two so I am hoping those same posters have the time to do something positive for this forum that has given so much.

    You can post or answer FAQ's here : http://forums.seochat.com/t17028/s.html

    I will be taking the questions and organizing them into a nice clean informative post that can be referenced. I am keeping it on this forum because I have no interest in backlinks, hosting it on one of my sites (with adsense etc) or for any type of PR benefit. I am truly just trying to improve this great resource as it grows.

    Thank you already to Pheonix and deregular
  12. #7
  13. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    St. James Gate
    Posts
    1,988
    Rep Power
    18
    Originally Posted by btbsoft
    Can anybody suggest a good SEO company? I am looking to Optimize and position http://www.icantfollowtherules.com
    WTF

    Why did you feel the need to quote me, only to spam this thread
  14. #8
  15. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    15

    Smile


    Originally Posted by Jasontnyc
    Why did you feel the need to quote me, only to spam this thread
    I think it wasn't on purpose, just a sloppy newbie (postings = 1) who wasn't careful to delete the quoted text. It's there by default if you hit the REPLY button for a posting.

    He should have started a new thread, but I'd would also like the convention of not having live links to your own to-be-optimized sites stated in the FAQ, not left as some "secret" :-)
  16. #9
  17. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    St. James Gate
    Posts
    1,988
    Rep Power
    18
    Originally Posted by danZ
    He should have started a new thread, but I'd would also like the convention of not having live links to your own to-be-optimized sites stated in the FAQ, not left as some "secret" :-)
    I don't get what that means?
  18. #10
  19. au courant
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    761
    Rep Power
    15
    Nice post btbsoft?!?! :-?
    You need to edit that post and clean it up.
  20. #11
  21. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    15
    Originally Posted by Jasontnyc
    I don't get what that means?
    Lets give an example. Live links like this are discouraged, even though nowhere in the FAQ is it mentioned (I'll give a link I'm not trying to optimize): http://dan.drydog.com/patsyann/skunk.html

    But by convention, it's preferred to have "dead" links when you want people to review your website:

    http://dan.drydog.com/patsyann/skunk.html

    (which is not-obvious because you have to DEselect "Automatically parse links in text")
  22. #12
  23. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    St. James Gate
    Posts
    1,988
    Rep Power
    18
    WTF does that have to do with me and a general SEO FAQ? You don't need an ettiquete FAQ to tell you not to post a totally unrelated SPAM to whatever thread is on top in whatever categpry is on top. Thats just lazy.
  24. #13
  25. http://tinyurl.com/cz56g
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    D0RDRECHT NL
    Posts
    6,063
    Rep Power
    31
    What about this then? :

    Q: Does it help to be lazy in SEO?
    A: Hardly.

    Maybe this is one for the glossary and not the FAQ - BTW.
  26. #14
  27. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    St. James Gate
    Posts
    1,988
    Rep Power
    18
    ahhhh wit stop it - You are tempting me to write a whole different FAQ
  28. #15
  29. http://tinyurl.com/cz56g
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    D0RDRECHT NL
    Posts
    6,063
    Rep Power
    31
    Originally Posted by Jasontnyc
    ahhhh wit stop it - You are tempting me to write a whole different FAQ
    Please don't, I'm saving that for my 1500th post... ;)
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

Similar Threads

  1. Domain name infringement email from google
    By notanotherseo in forum Search Engine Optimization
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: Jun 14th, 2007, 01:37 PM
  2. will this page be ok for google optimization
    By waxbrat in forum Public Site Reviews
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Nov 9th, 2003, 10:59 AM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo