1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question Google not showing a proper description

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you can help me solve my problems with Google.

I have a website selling lingerie and adult novelty items (so turn back now, if the content is not something for you), however when searching for it on Google, it only shows up with some randoms chunks of text from the front page instead of using my meta description.

I've tried to do several modifications to the html pages, but nothing seems to help. My website is at http://www.sengegymnastik.dk.

At google, it's listed like this:

Sengegymnastik.dk
    Sengegymnastik.dk, Velkommen gæst! ... Marketing Digital - Postboks 906 - 2400 København
    NV E-mail: butik@sengegymnastik.dk - Tlf. 29804250 - SE nummer: 27498302. ...
    www.sengegymnastik.dk/ - 25k -

Even though it's in Danish you might be able to see that it'ts not a very useful description to have ;)

Recently I tried to remove all blank lines, because I noticed that the HTML pages started with 10-20 empty lines from the different php include files. I'm not sure Google have been checking my site after it, so pehaps that's enough to solve it?

If anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it

Thank you in advance,

Jesper
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

It is normal for the snippet shown to be a portion of the text that is near the search term. If Google doesn't feel like it can find a suitable text snippet in the body of the text, it will revert to using the meta description. So make sure that your search terms are close to a sentence or two that would work well as a snippet.