1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question Google local | national | international search

Hi,

If my website is ranked or listed in the top three search results for a particular key term on google in the United Kingdom then would that mean it will be ranked the same in the United States?

Does google give search results that are local?

If it is local, then how can I make my website rank high on search engines everywhere?

Thank You
    Lee
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Originally Posted by lee lee
    Hi,

If my website is ranked or listed in the top three search results for a particular key term on google in the United Kingdom then would that mean it will be ranked the same in the United States?

Does google give search results that are local?

If it is local, then how can I make my website rank high on search engines everywhere?

Thank You
    Lee
    Can you rank 1-3 on both, yes. Does ranking 1-3 on one mean you will on the other, no. Google is a big fan of offering relevant, contextual results. If you are in the UK, you are less likely to want a US website, and vice versa. If you want to rank in both, go with the old business adage, "Think global, act local." You need to act like you are a website in that country. What would a website in that country do? Well they would have links and ads in that country, for sure.

The more links you have from a particular country's webites, the more likely you are to rank in that country's search results.
  5. 魔鬼是我的背部
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by lee lee
    Hi,

Thank You
    Lee
    If u wish to rank high on all major country specific versions of google, then get large number of back links from topical communities irrespective of their PR or country of origin. One of my site ranked number 1 for a very competitive keyword with all the 8 site links in several country specific versions of Google (UK, US, Canada, Australia, India, pakistan). But here i must tell u, i also had good number of back links from edu and gov. sites. Generally once u get all the 8 site links in one version of google, it becomes quite easy to be number 1 in all other versions.