1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google and Landing Pages

In the need to improve conversion from visitors to customer we want to use landing pages for all of our advertising campaigns.

i.e.
    From Advertiser X we want to take a visitor to a page where we mention something like "Sponsored by site X". Just to make visitors more confortable.

Now the problem.

If we do that, we will have everybody linking to different pages in our site instead of having links going to our homepage thus making it more "important".

I would like the idea of having everybody linking to www.mysite.com but I will make people link to www.mysite.com/ads/sitex.html to improve conversion.

Is this really going to make me lose SEO value from the places I am paying for advertisement?
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

5. Mr. Goober Guy ;)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Hey 350z

From a marketing standpoint this is an outstanding idea for tracking conversions and just how effective these campaigns are.

From an SEO standpoint deep linking, long term, is a very, very valuable tool. Though some may consider your technique the equivalent of many doorway pages, so long as it is maintained on your domain, is high relevant, topical and provide unique content that the visitor expected to see, then I believe it is a smart idea. (every page of your site should be a "Landing Page")

The most important thing you must be aware of is insuring no dupliate content results and the propensity for google to sometimes frown on excessive links to fast. If you're not linking back, this should be a short term issue if at all imho. It is simply to complicated to say for sure, however, as a company, you need to freely effectively market your products and track the returns on your marketing investment.

So, from a logical standpoint, it seems all good and a very well thought out strategy.

Hope this answered your questions.

Cheers
    Cheerios!

New to SEO? See the FAQ!

My Disclaimer:
    Don't Listen To Me - I know nothing!
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Good point about the duplicate content. While it is a smart marketing tool you dont want it to get you dropped.

I think if anything it might dilute the SEO value at the start but over time as you build up more and more links to the span of pages it can only serve to help overall.

Good thinking!
  9. Bad Kitty
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Are you using landing pages for IBLs or for PPC campaigns? I use landing pages for most of my PPC campaigns, but make sure to exclude those directories, i.e. - /entry/ in my robots.txt file. However, in the case of IBL you wouldn't want to do this for the SEO value. Otherwise, for the value of deep linked content, it would be great. In fact I have recently had the idea that IBLs to my deep content are more worthwhile than to my domain.