1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google just crawled _ How long to index?

Google did a deep crawl on a brand new site. It has never been in the google index before. Two questions...

1. (most important) Now that I know the site has been crawled, when can I expect it to actually show up in the index? The site was crawled on 8/31, however a search on allinurl:www.url.com shows nothing.

And..

2. When and how often can I expect Google to return?

Thanks all.

pata
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Typically i've noticed when google deep crawls any of my sites within 2 days i begin noticing ranking differences or they start appearing if they were never there to begin with, as far as google coming back, that depends on the site setup/linking strategy and overall content and updating to ensure to google that your site is within the boundry on each side of the SEO field.

A little trick to follow a pattern that i've briefly explained in past posts, once you do an update to your site (or in your case this a brand new site) but any updates there after make a txt or doc file with a little table that says which you updated, what you updated and date/time, then watch your stats when google comes and indexes that page, then watch on google-dance.com until you start see'ing the results appear and do this for about 2 months and you'll find a fairly nice pattern to go from for future crawls and indexes to change your keyword strategy around and have a good rounded idea of how to tackle it and what time/date would be the most efficient.

This isnt nearly explained in depth as it could go, but i hope you get the idea!

-Didjital One