1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google indexing problems

Hi,

My domain name was purchased in last April but was not used until this January. I have a pretty big CMS website that contains about 20,000 .html pages. Google used to index only 2 or 3 pages of my site.

About 3 weeks ago, I created a google sitemap (.xml) using their sitemap generator. In sitemap.xml, all webpages (about 21,000) urls (mostly .html) are stored. I submitted the sitemap to google - webmasters - sitemap. Surprisingly, google began to index more pages from my site. One week ago, the number of indexed pages reached 246 but this number seemed to stop there, although it sometimes fluctuated. At the time of posting this message, the number of indexed pages is still 246.

I'm wondering if I should divide the big sitemap.xml file into several smaller ones. How long will it take google to index more pages? Since google seems to stop indexing my websites, is there anything wrong with my optimization?

From my website statistics, google crawled my site every single day.

ps: my website is hosted in the US, the contents are in Chinese and my visitors are mostly from China with a small fraction from other continents. Is it possible that google datacenter in China does not index websites outside of China? or the indexing results retrieved from google is from the US datacenter? I am now in the US.

thank you guys!

IVYtony
    Last edited by IVYtony; Jun 3rd, 2006 at 12:18 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Could just be insufficient link juice for a proper indexing, for a contains the term search G shows Results 21 - 29 of about 320 for "www.yipaihuyan.com" and a link search just shows up one link, can't comment on the possible vagaries of Google China.....

Comments on this post

• 75c agrees : What's "link juice"? Damn, that's a strange term...
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

About 2 - 3 monthes ago google cleaned their space. If your pages is not a unique contant (it mean you took it from another websites).... it is not indexed in Google. It happened with a lot of webmasters. www.manhattanservice.com is my website and it happened the same because i used a lot of contest from another websites (mostly articles). Today it Google index only 2 pages from my website.
    Last edited by brandall; Jun 6th, 2006 at 01:11 AM. Reason: removed live link
  7. Contriving Muser
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by snipergrunge
    About 2 - 3 monthes ago google cleaned their space. If your pages is not a unique contant (it mean you took it from another websites).... it is not indexed in Google. It happened with a lot of webmasters. www.manhattanservice.com is my website and it happened the same because i used a lot of contest from another websites (mostly articles). Today it Google index only 2 pages from my website.
    While your comments wouldn't be a surprise, I'm not convinced that that is what actually happened - I think a lot of people are trying to understand why many of their pages were de-indexed and many theories are doing the rounds.

I have two sites effected by the recent de-indexing - neither of which are of great concern to me but both offer individual possibilities.

One of these sites did have duplicate content - the use of free articles - but it wasn't just the pages containing these free articles which have disapeared. In fact, nearly all my original content (i.e. written by my own fair fingers) has disapeared too.

The other lost everything but its main landing page. It's a blog and I'm guessing that all information found on pages other than its main page and being identical (not unusual in a blog) was dropped.

But I remain unconvinced with your explanation - I'd like to see the results of further tests.

I've set up tests on one of the two sites which are currently troublesome and I'm hoping to see some clues at some time soon.

Maybe Google made a mistake?

We'll see.

The bottom line is, however, that both sites are actually receiving more visitors now than when they were fully indexed.

Gotta love Google ;)

MCS
    x
    Last edited by brandall; Jun 6th, 2006 at 01:12 AM. Reason: removed quoted link
    Just another free Anonymity Thingy (yawn!) Like the world needs another, right?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Not quite sure what your posts have to do with the OP, but I'm sure I must be missing something .....
  11. Contriving Muser

Originally Posted by glengara
    Not quite sure what your posts have to do with the OP, but I'm sure I must be missing something .....
    OP ?

huh?
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

"OP" = Original Post(er) ;-)
  15. No Profile Picture

CMS? Dynamic Links

We´ve had a very similiar problem. We had a webste with over 18.000 pages. Most of them were built out of a database. The URL looked like that: www.domain.de/productsearch?manufacturer=2&product=4.
    Then we manipulated the server to make him show only static pages (www.domain.de/manufacturer/product/24.html).
    Within no time at all, we´ve had nearly all the site´s pages indexed by google.

But, please, do not aks me for the serps. Nothing changes yet.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

well, I must add one point.

the content page of my site uses a very popular commercial templates which are used by many other sites. Does google consider this duplicate template/contents?

thanks again
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by IVYtony
    well, I must add one point.

the content page of my site uses a very popular commercial templates which are used by many other sites. Does google consider this duplicate template/contents?

thanks again
    Don't worry about templates. 90% webmasters use templates. If Google do it one day..... bad for google. It mean that automaticly their system can drop by accident millions useful websites. (for example: Some Harvard students science projects or some unique privat Picasso pictures website ).
  21. Contriving Muser

Originally Posted by glengara
    "OP" = Original Post(er) ;-)
    Oh, I see - it's all a little confusing. Perhaps you should re-read the original post - sorry, the OP - and then re-read my post (SP?)

I assure you that my reply was intended to be relevent.

There's always the possibility that something was lost between intent and application... I suppose, but having re-read the two myself, I see the link and I'm quite proud of my reply - sterling work me!

;)

MCS
    x
    Last edited by 75c; Jun 4th, 2006 at 04:37 PM. Reason: ya - now that IS a first!
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

today, I found the number of indexde pages increases to 332. Don't know how this happens. Maybe google bot became tired and took a rest for a few days. It begins working again from today ;)

nice. thanks
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by IVYtony
    today, I found the number of indexde pages increases to 332. Don't know how this happens. Maybe google bot became tired and took a rest for a few days. It begins working again from today ;)

nice. thanks
    You lucky one... my website still with one indexed page! Bad!