1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google indexing my pages differently

I am currently doing some SEO work on my website in order to bring it higher up in SERPS and have noticed something strange about the way google indexes my webpages.

When I do the google site:www(website) search, I find that with some of my pages the short description that comes after the title is just my title repeated, and not a reflection of the page content (as it is with my home page and several other of my pages).

Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I don't know what i'm doing wrong. I have h1 headers on all of my pages and have relevant content on them all aswell.

Many thanks.
  3. Live and Learn!
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Originally Posted by Rebex456
    I am currently doing some SEO work on my website in order to bring it higher up in SERPS and have noticed something strange about the way google indexes my webpages.

When I do the google site:www(website) search, I find that with some of my pages the short description that comes after the title is just my title repeated, and not a reflection of the page content (as it is with my home page and several other of my pages).

Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I don't know what i'm doing wrong. I have h1 headers on all of my pages and have relevant content on them all aswell.

Many thanks.
    Google may consider that the title is the most relevant content for the keyword. If you want to keep the content the way it is but have a longer description then i suggest using a meta description.