1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google Indexing Issue?

I used to enjoy first page ranking for virtually anything to do with my niche (Maple Leafs Hockey). That included some WP pages/posts, other html pages within my site, and in my discussion forums.

For the past 6 months, google still ranks me very well for those static html pages, as well as my forums. But it completely ignores my WP pages/posts. It's bizarre.

Any thoughts?

Rick
    TMLfans.ca
  3. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Do you have any messages in your WMT?

I've seen other sports sites that have suffered drops in Google and I have a theory that it may be because of the use of copyrighted images. There was an update dubbed "Emanuel" on Aug 10 that caused sites using copyrighted content to appear lower or be removed from the SERPS.

I just checked and your most recent post uses an image of Grabovski that belongs to mapleleafs.nhl.com.

Look at your analytics data and sort it by organic search. Can you pinpoint the day of the drop?

How much of your content is original? If you have copied articles or a lot of thin (i.e. short and not very valuable) articles then Panda could be affecting you. It is possible for Panda to just affect one section of a site such as a blog. However, usually if Panda affects your site, your urls are still visible in the supplemental results. It looks like yours are not indexed at all. I'm guessing it's a copyright thing...but I've only just had a 10 minute look though.

By the way, my husband and I are huge Leafs fans living in Ottawa. We have a hard life.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Maybe you did something wrong on your link building efforts. Are you aware of the new Penguin update? Check where and what websites do your links came from.