Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Savior of the Whales
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Google Has Devalued Some Backlinks ....

Lets all summarize our finding about what kind of backlinks google has DEVALUED ...

JUST facts please .... so we dont confuse ourselves more than necessary ...

1) FORUM LINKS .... if that is ALL or mostly ALL of what you have .... best spend your time looking for backolinks SOMEWHERE else .... EXAMPLE .....

my theming test site .... www.just-say-no-to-yahoo.com was PR6 .... NOPW PR=2 .... HELLO, yes i said two, the only thing i am suprised about is google is still gracious enough to give these links ANY credit at all ..... the VOLUME of backlinks are STILL there, they JUST DONT COUNT for much ....

so, lets analize this ...

1) MAYBE this WHACK was because of it being a forum ....
    2) but MAYBE it is because google caps the total PR transfer from one domain to another???

if this is the case .... how much is a pr9 link worth today???

3) Also, it may be that google quits giving CREDIT TO LINKS after a certain quantity of links ... instead of a quantity of PR ..... (we know they kleep counting them .... the site above backlink VOLUME did not change much ... just the pr) ....

I am still evaluating other issues as well ... see my post from loast month (links dissappearing) ... this still seems to be holding true ( it seems if you exceed some limit of links from the same class c ip they may not count the links at all ***IF YOU ARE ON THE SAME CLASS C IP YOURSELF *****)

please try to be detailed here so we can get our heads together and see what google is doing to us .....
    *** Search Engine News, Jesus helps JOE BOB SEO save the whales. ***
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

links from www. url. biz

I have 2 clear links on this directory (most of the links are js). The one link was on PR7 page and the second was on a PR6 page. However, after the last update, Google does not show these BL anymore.

Any thoughts?
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

there wouldn't be any easy way for google to devalue forum links, and even if they could, there'd be no real reason for them to do it.

someone once mentioned that they might filter it out based on the "______" above a sig. if that's all they did, you could simply change that (and it'd be quite easy to do).

I don't know what you're experiencing, but I doubt it has anything to do with a forum filter.
    Get Relevant Links! Buy Links from the TextLinkBrokers!
    Building Quality SEO Blog - Editors Wanted | Free SEO Tools
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Last edited by Shannon Smyrl; Jun 23rd, 2004 at 07:11 PM. Reason: links not devalued
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I dont think links got devalued, all my page has if forum links right now and it just got a pr4 from pr0.
  11. Contributing User

I don't think the forum idea is correct

I believe that forum links are fine, did I miss the fact which you were substantiating this believe?
  13. Contributing User

Did anything evercome of the BLOG spam chat?
  15. Contributing User

google has actually had reps mention that guestbook spamming and blog spamming won't pass any PR in most situations. how they pulled this off, or if they even did it, I have no idea.

if you mean blogs in general, uh, no. they pass PR/anchor text/etc just fine.
  17. Contributing User

Originally Posted by disgust
    google has actually had reps mention that guestbook spamming and blog spamming won't pass any PR in most situations. how they pulled this off, or if they even did it, I have no idea.
    Do you know where I can read about this?
    I'm tempted to experiment
  19. <- Have you read my blog?

I'll have to agree with Joebob:

There is a forum filter on forum posts and blog posts because how else would a site with 400-500 backlinks stay as a PR 4? ... I've got some sites with 100-200 links that don't use one single forum sig from PR4s-PR6s that are PR6.

Obviously PR doesn't mean much these days anyways, but if PR is being devaluated, then what is happening to the strength/weight of the anchor text links?

Hexed
    Last edited by hexed; Jun 23rd, 2004 at 08:00 PM.
    www.Three-Way-Links.com - Amazing way to increase your rank with Google - trading three way links!
    Free Online Games - free online games - what else could you want?
  21. Contributing User

despite many of my sites dropping ...

Originally Posted by hexed
    Obviously PR doesn't mean much these days anyways, but if PR is being devaluated, then what is happening to the strength/weight of the anchor text links?
    Despite many of my sites dropping from PR 4 to PR 2, I noticed an increase in SEP today...

Site: Leanni Lei (CAUT ION ADULT) Dropped from PR 4 to PR 2 however SEP went from ~ 42 to 27 today... wtf?

Mike...
  23. Contributing User

Originally Posted by xmichael
    Do you know where I can read about this?
    I'm tempted to experiment
    http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum3/21180-5-15.htm

there (first post) for a start.

I know I've seen more than just that though.
  25. Savior of the Whales

Well ... i think some of the post above are too quick to overlook the facts ....

fact one .... www.just-say-no-to-yahoo.com ONLY has links from this forum ... it is theming test sites i put up maybe 90 days ago .... last week it was PR 6 ... SAME LINKS ... now it is PR2 ....

THE ONLY OPTIONS for that change are those i stated above ....

FACT TWO ... last week if you searched google for "search engine greed" that site had the #1 serp .... now you cant find it .... you also cant find the site if you search for "just say no to yahoo" ... which it ALSO used to bne #1 for .... so, the answer to your question hexed ... in this case anyway ... is it is being devalued also - A LOT .....

Bear in mind this is very CONTROLLED case study .... there are NO OTHER LINKS TO BE GOING UP OR DOWN ... so some who say OH well i have forum links and my site did not change .... well maybe you have enough other links to keep that spot .... so it dont matter that the forum links went to NO VALUE ....

I AM NOT SURE if it is JUST a forum filter ( i think it is but i still agree the other options are possible) .... it could be the other options i mentioned ...

ALSO .... bear in mind that these links were ON TOPIC and closely themed to this test site ..... so IMAGAINE how little off theme forum links must be given credit ..... it is hard for me to even THINK THAT SMALL ....
  27. Savior of the Whales

Shannon == You sure talk a lot ....
    Disgust == g can tell it is a forum easy enough ... they dont need to look for a line, they are WAY past that you can bet.
  29. Contributing User

Yeah, url biz uses a java redirect so you dont get any of the pr... take your link off your page from them - They take your pr, but you dont get any from them.

Originally Posted by mcse
    links from www. url. biz

I have 2 clear links on this directory (most of the links are js). The one link was on PR7 page and the second was on a PR6 page. However, after the last update, Google does not show these BL anymore.

Any thoughts?
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page: