Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Google Guaranteed

Google is increasingly rolling out their ad carousel to go above the 4 standard ads that are there now. They will come with a badge that says Google Guaranteed so if the person is unhappy with the service they can file a claim that Google will pay.
    https://www.leadsnearby.com/googles-...ds-nationwide/
    Capture.JPG
    This will further take away organic traffic.

SEO isn't dead, but it's on life support

Comments on this post

• DirectHits agrees : Thanks!
    • ATM Decor agrees
    Last edited by KernelPanic; Jul 25th, 2018 at 10:40 AM.
  3. Retired from SEO
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

But you are still alive
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  5. Digital Marketing

Originally Posted by Prof.stan
    But you are still alive
    Yes, still alive and relevant because I switched to an Adwords shop about 5 years ago. We still do SEO but only if the client will do paid search as well.
  7. Retired from SEO
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    Yes, still alive and relevant because I switched to an Adwords shop about 5 years ago. We still do SEO but only if the client will do paid search as well.
    I know this you will not believe but you are one who inspired me more for moved for paid industry before 5 years back. My company was accepting only those clients have budget for paid marketing or local listing
  9. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

This is really going to shake up local search. This should cause a large influx of Adwords spending.

Thanks KP for the heads up on this.
  11. Digital Marketing

Yes and further, if you do adwords for any home services company you should start looking into the requirements of the program so you can be in it day -1
  13. No Profile Picture

Ok folks. I just got off the phone with Google. After seeing this I felt the need to check this out further.

Here is what I have found out about "The Google Guarantee", all of this came from the Google Rep I spent half an hour with.

Name of program >>> Google Local Services >> aka GLS per the Google Rep.

Not all areas of the USA are open as of yet, but as more and more business request this service, when a certain threshold is reached Google then includes that area. They did not say what the threshold was. Rest assured I did ask, but they declined to give me a specific answer, LOL.

Markets available aka Verticals. This list is not exhaustive, but meant to give you an idea of what local businesses are eligible, the actual list is pretty exhaustive.
    Tree Services
    Carpet Cleaning
    Indoor Painting
    Deck Builders, etc. ect.

Depending on your exact business, you must provide
    LIcense
    >> if applicable
    Insurance
    >> You must be Insured. This applies to every business from what I was told.
    Background Checking
    >> This is because when the program was first launched, some customers reported that the businesses that responded were sending rather seedie looking reps.

This is a Pay-Per-Lead Service, this is not Adwords. So anyone can do this, no expertise is needed beyond qualifying for the program.
    Leads at this time range between $ 8.00 low end to $ 35.00 at the very high end.
    One thing I did learn is that the cost per lead is bases on the actual profit of the job. The example given to me was a plumber, average cost of plumbing jobs were 2000 to 3000 and cost per call was around $22.00. I suppose Google thinks if the business makes $2000 off the call they can afford $22.00 for the lead.
    There is no bidding as in Adwords. It is all based on the 3 Items needed to appear in the carousel. See below....
    Each Account gets its' very own dashboard. There currently is no provisions for managing multiple accounts like in Adwords where you can manage all your ppc clients in one area.

Google tracks these leads, so when someone calls from clicking on that ad, that right, calls, clicks do not incur a charge, Google then follows up with them.

Now here is the most interesting part of the call I had with the rep.

The 3 things needed to appear in this carousel, here is what you need to know.

1.Your radius to the customer, that's right radius from the customer and not your business,
    so only "Local Businesses" are shown in response to the search query.

2. Google Reviews, those with reviews will get this cherished spot.

3. Response time to answer the lead.
    Customer calls and your business answers on 1st Call, then you get a 0 rating, which is the Best !
    You do not answer customer on 1st call but calls back later, or answers second call from customer then you get a 1, which is second best.
    (this last item, must be the weakest factor, since you have no calls when you start the service)

When you first start up the GLS you will need $100.00 on account. They (Google Reps) will show you how to run this on $50 or even $0, but at zero you will not receive any calls.

Personally I will include this in my marketing strategy. A very ideal way to attract more clients, and makes them appear in Position Zero. Seems a no brainer add-on with very limited consumption of internal resources. Again no charge unless they call !

Comments on this post

• DirectHits agrees : Thanks for the legwork here!
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Jul 26th, 2018 at 10:13 PM. Reason: spelling correction
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Would be great if we have a list of areas where this exactly applies.

Additional resource: https://support.google.com/google-ad.../7549288?hl=en
  17. Professional SEO

Know,

So I suppose there is the basic $8 charge, if you don't get the sale. Then its prorated upward depending upon the final bill?

I read about the Pinkerton's background check, quite extensive and every employee and subcontractor in the company must pass it.

Has anyone considered what fees would be charged to clients for managing these services?

(Great job KP and Know)

Philip
  19. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by DirectHits
    So I suppose there is the basic $8 charge, if you don't get the sale. Then its prorated upward depending upon the final bill?
    No, the way it was explained to me, it's a flat cost based upon there secret sauce. So if your service business is like in this example, plumbing, each call will be $22.00. So if you had 100 on account you would receive up to 4 call. Then your account would stop getting calls until you added more funds.

That's how I understood the Google Rep.

Not everyone DirectHits, only those that will have direct interaction on the premises of the customer. If I understood it right. You judge.... (it's linked)

As to what to charge, hmmm
    A base fee + monthly

Would require some thought, you may consider adding it in to a ppc campaign, considering the backgnd ck's are free. Lots of room here to consider.

Edited to add...

I have already, (few days ago) started working on a page to promote it. When finished it should bring in a few more leads.
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Aug 5th, 2018 at 09:59 PM.
  21. Professional SEO

Thanks for the additional information, Know. What I read about the Pinkerton Background check was from a third party site..

One thing to add: the Google Rep for my mover client told us that the Fee would be about $45 - $60 for each lead. His cheapest moves are $190, and the average move is probably $400. Obviously not a great deal. I am really curious as to how potential clients are going to respond - they can click an ad with no guarantee, or one with a guarantee? Why would anyone click a regular adwords ad? Seems risky for Google to try this.
  23. No Profile Picture

That is a good point ...

Why would anyone click a regular adwords ad? Seems risky for Google to try this
    I look at it this way. How many mom and pop service businesses are going to invest in adwords. Most service businesses generally spend as little as possible on advertising. Now Google rolls out a platform that is tailor made for them. They are not using adwords, which is either they spend or they don't, and remember a lot try the coupon and get no where. They give up on adwords. Now here is a pay per lead offer by Google cost are locked in before hand. They dont have to worry if they go over budget, here they know the exact cost !

To me is seems instead of maybe getting some revenue from this customer vertical, they are getting new revenue so to speak, customers they would never have had before. We see it, meaning folks like you and I, as an opportunity to generate new customers. Just another method to add to our sales funnel.

Also this advertising median is only available to basically home service businesses. No major players here so to speak. I mean you got local "Molly Maids" and things like that, but no real "National Local Companies" to compete with, just your local competition.

People searching on the net for local services, I just see an influx on spending from basically an untapped market for Google !

Also from Google's point of view its a win situation. Let a local business lock in a job for 8 to 20 bucks that generates 2000 in revenue for them, local business, I am betting will spend repeatedly on this ad platform.
  25. Digital Marketing

Great conversation guys, keep it up.
    Originally Posted by KnowOneSpecial
    Also this advertising median is only available to basically home service businesses. No major players here so to speak. I mean you got local "Molly Maids" and things like that, but no real "National Local Companies" to compete with, just your local competition.
    I have a client with 130 franchises around the country who is owned by a fortune 500 company, they will be competing in this. Already got their guys screened. I have another company with 40 offices in my state, they will be here.
    Centimark is a roofing company with 600 million in revenue annually, Tecta does 500 milllion.

I think it's incorrect to say no major players.
  27. Professional SEO

I agree its great for a potential new consumer that is intimidated by Adwords. Sound like very little risk for them. But you mention paying $20 to close a $2000 job? Well we will have to see how that works out, since we were basically quoted $50 for a $400 job.

I've always kept my focus on website SEO. This is going to sting some of my clients that are dependent on that. I provide my clients leads generated from organic clicks at a fraction of the cost of Adwords.

And there are national movers that may be advertising.

I really think Google is trying to tap into the Angie's List business. Angie's List has several businesses that pay them around 30K a year each for leads in just a single local market. Multiply that times the different services available, then by the number of viable markets in the country. Big money.
  29. No Profile Picture

Hi KP

I stand corrected. about the national players... You definitely work in a much larger market than I do. I was implying that in any given city the number of national players will be substantially smaller than the actual local businesses competing in any given market vertical.

Well we will have to see how that works out, since we were basically quoted $50 for a $400 job.
    When I spoke with them just a few days ago, the maximum cost was like $35.00 tops. I honestly thing there is a communications malfunction on that one.

Seems to me that the rep was quoting the cost to the customer on a per load basis. There would only be a single charge for the 1st call. The job may consist of numerous truck loads each costing 40 to 90 bucks, but Google would only charge a single lead charge.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: