1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google Friendly & SEO Friendly shopping cart modules

We are currently using Zen Cart as our shopping card for our sites..which we think its time to switch to another system. One thing I have noticed about alot of shopping carts is that the way the shopping cart is designed, is that you build the site around the shopping cart - which, in my opinion is not good SEO.

I personally think that from a rank perspective the content of the site needs to be the main focus, with the shopping cart being an adaptive "plug in" so to speak.

With that being said, what do you guys think about that? We are looking for a shopping cart system that is more Google friendly if you will, something that is not the entire site, just the shopping mechanism for the store and content.

Dose anyone have any recommendations on a SEO friendly shopping cart?

Thanks guys!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I currently us osCommerce as after some investigation I found it to be the best all rounder. The problem with it is that it's a bitch just to use as a plugin and just add to a current site. There is a new version out soon which promises to make it easier though.

Like "Se7en" I would be more than please to receive rec's on any alternatives
  5. No Profile Picture

SumCart

Hi

Have a look SumCart sumcart.com
    Administration panel demo.sumcart.com/_admin/
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Se7en
    We are currently using Zen Cart as our shopping card for our sites..which we think its time to switch to another system. One thing I have noticed about alot of shopping carts is that the way the shopping cart is designed, is that you build the site around the shopping cart - which, in my opinion is not good SEO.

I personally think that from a rank perspective the content of the site needs to be the main focus, with the shopping cart being an adaptive "plug in" so to speak.

With that being said, what do you guys think about that? We are looking for a shopping cart system that is more Google friendly if you will, something that is not the entire site, just the shopping mechanism for the store and content.

Dose anyone have any recommendations on a SEO friendly shopping cart?

Thanks guys!
    Your answere is here:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1B2GGGL_enIN208&q=seo+friendly+sh opping+cart&btnG=Search
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

CubeCart is the best I've used and there is a SEO mod available from their forums. The valid HTML designs are created with divs and css and its faily easy to update the .tpl files.