1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google displays wrong page for keyword

Hello everyone I am having a big issue whit one of my pages.

Will explain in short details:
    I wanted to optimize one of my pages for better google ranking and try to reach 1st page, after that I realized that I don't have a page which describes perfectly the keyword.
    The keyword was "гаражни врати" translation "garage doors". The first time I used ever this keyword was on my home(index.php) page.
    Now I have created a new page only for the garage doors and placed that keyword for it and removed it from my home page. I waited some time but nothing happens, still my index page has better ranking than the one I want to be ranked.
    I have tried to change the content to be more descriptive, alt tags, no broken links, page description, added in sitemaps.xml, h1 tags, h2 tags, internal links and everything to rank it better but nothing helps.

After all my home page still has better ranking than the one I want to be ranked. (My home page have only one time use of garage door in h2 tag)

here is my home page: stoikovstroi.com/
    and this is the page that I want to rank better: stoikovstroi.com/en/hm/gd/garajni.php

If anyone could help and give me some tips what am I doing wrong would be great because I have already spend over 2 months of reading stuffs about that and nothing helped.
    Last edited by Pride_TBT; Jan 27th, 2017 at 08:34 AM.
  3. Professional SEO
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Try building links to the page. You can also go through your site, hyperlinking the text 'garage doors' on a few pages, sending you to that page.

Comments on this post

• Pride_TBT agrees
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I actually looked at your site, it's pretty I will say that...so take no offense please, this is just a list of errors I can readily see......

One thing you may be having problems with is rendering. You are relying upon the browser to render your pages properly!!
    You have no closing </html> tag on any page. This may later come to cause you severe problems.. but this begs the question, what other mistakes have you made.

Like this one....
    <a href="mailto:contacts@stoikovstroi.com" rel="alternate">contacts@stoikovstroi.com</a> << What is this ???? I am meaning the rel = alternate

You provide BG and En as language choices, but you do not use rel alternate and hreflang tags to denote them, which would be proper use of rel = alternate tag..

So if I were to look deeper, there will be other errors I am sure .... with that being said.

You have no real content on your home page, just two pictures, 1 h1 tag, and 1 h2 tag for each picture, no other text content. The two pictures are use as div backgrounds with badly chosen names, as well. You would be better off putting the pictures in the divisions but not as backgrounds and giving them better seo names and having some alt text for each.

May I suggest you find a good web designer in your area and have them fix your site, removing the errors you have. Then you can work on your SEO !

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news.. but you have your work cut out for you....wish you luck !!

Comments on this post

• Pride_TBT agrees
  7. No Profile Picture

Firstly I would like to say a big thanks to both of you for your answers I will try to fix the errors by my own. By now I have fixed those alternates I don't even know how do they get there...
    I took a look at each page and I have closing html tag:

I have also used this html validator for each page and says that there are no errors:
    https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=htt...%2Fgarajni.php

To DirectHits:
    I will start with this link building thanks alot for the suggestion!

To KnowOneSpecial:
    What do you mean by putting them in division? You mean to have the picture and the text content in 1 div or?
    And what do you mean by I don't have real content? I have text content in <p> tags for each type of door and 1 for introducing the whole page under the H1 tag?

I am using Semrush and at the moment it says that I have content lenght of 467 words on my page while the Top 10 avg. of google have 460.

Any other suggestions or tips are really welcome!
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I stand corrected on your html tag... my system was being updated, a Google Chrome update. As such, I had a hang with google, and yes your end html tag is there..
    It was also late of night, but still no excuse on my part.

Thank you for pointing out my error.
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by KnowOneSpecial
    I stand corrected on your html tag... my system was being updated, a Google Chrome update. As such, I had a hang with google, and yes your end html tag is there..
    It was also late of night, but still no excuse on my part.

Thank you for pointing out my error.
    Ah it's ok no problem, happens.

Still to everyone if you see something wrong or just a tips warn me about them.
    Thanks in advance.
  13. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

This happens quite a lot as I have been facing this issue with one of websites but it was opposite scenario as I wanted to rank the homepage for the primary keyword but Google picked an internal page for that keyword. I experimented different options like swap the content, Title tags, Links, anchor text. keyword inclusion, exclusion but nothing worked finally I put all my efforts to the internal page for the primary keyword which i wanted the homepage to rank for and optimize the homepage for other keyword.
  15. No Profile Picture

I have updated a lot the page for the wanted keyword but still nothing...

- Added more content
    - Added H2 tags
    - Added h3 tags
    - Added images with good descriptive alts
    - Added alot of meta tags/properties some of them:
    <meta property="og:type" content="website" />
    <meta property="og:site_name" content="&quot;Стойков Строй&quot; ЕООД - stoikovstroi.com" />
    <meta property="og:title" content="Гаражни врати - България - Стойков Строй" />
    <meta property="og:url" content="http://stoikovstroi.com/garajni.php" />
    <meta property="og:description" content="Множество различни модели на гаражни врати създадени от висококачествени материали, ефективни и надеждни при работа, съобразени с Вашите изисквания!" />
    <meta property="og:locale" content="bg" />
    <meta name="dcterms:subject" content="гаражни врати" />
    <meta name="dcterms:subject" content="секционни гаражни врати" />
    <meta name="dcterms:subject" content="махови гаражни врати" />
    <meta name="dcterms:subject" content="ролетни гаражни врати" />
    <meta name="dcterms:subject" content="задвижване за гаражни врати" />
    <meta name="dcterms:subject" content="аксесоари за гаражни врати" />

- Added link building for the keyword pointing to the page
    - Pulled out the page from folders to be top level
    - Purchased Semrush and did everything.

Link to the page: Link
    Still this page is not ranked even in top 100...

Any suggests?
    I am doing something wrong but I don't know what...
    Last edited by Pride_TBT; Mar 4th, 2017 at 05:08 AM.