1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Is Google displaying future search results based on your search history?

I'm not sure if this is a coincidence but the other day I was search a load of Drupal related search terms then I started searching CSS related terms and the top search result was an article on using CSS to Theme Drupal.

This maybe a coincidence but is Google now remembering which sites you've visited or search terms you've entered and displaying future search results based on your search history?
  3. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

It's called personalized search.
    www.joshz.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email josh@joshz.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  5. Busting SEOChat Spammers!

Originally Posted by phatmike10
    I'm not sure if this is a coincidence but the other day I was search a load of Drupal related search terms then I started searching CSS related terms and the top search result was an article on using CSS to Theme Drupal.

This maybe a coincidence but is Google now remembering which sites you've visited or search terms you've entered and displaying future search results based on your search history?
    lol yes if you have personalised search turned on, thats one of the features. Have a look at the amount of sites which have covered google personalised search http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...nalised+search you should be able to find the info you want to ask about on all that
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Cheers for this, I thought personalised search was only for people who are logged in to their Google account?
  9. Busting SEOChat Spammers!

Originally Posted by phatmike10
    Cheers for this, I thought personalised search was only for people who are logged in to their Google account?
    It was to start with but its not been for some time now I think, anyway here's a link to turn it off http://www.google.com/support/accoun...y?answer=54048, with directions on turning it off if your signed in or signed out