1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google dance tool

I have been trying to optimize our site for the keyword encryption software (among others but this is the main one) and when I look with the google-dance tool on the 3 servers we are still in number 32 - 34 the same on all three.

My question is when I look using google.ca (with the tool) we come up in first place...not that I am complaining but when I type in google.ca in my brower then do a search we come up in 32-34th place???
    Can anyone explain the reason for this? :

Thanks again
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Re: Google dance tool

Originally posted by "Sammi290"

I have been trying to optimize our site for the keyword encryption software (among others but this is the main one) and when I look with the google-dance tool on the 3 servers we are still in number 32 - 34 the same on all three.

My question is when I look using google.ca (with the tool) we come up in first place...not that I am complaining but when I type in google.ca in my brower then do a search we come up in 32-34th place???
    Can anyone explain the reason for this? :

Thanks again
    check this thread out http://www.seochat.com/viewtopic.php?t=855

basically you will see that Google does indeed provide localized results. Are you guys in canada? That would explain why.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I was looking at this thread and tried something that does not make sense. I'm in Canada, and when I go to Google, I always get rerouted to google.ca. So I put a search string in there, and two of my sites, come up in the first first positions. Now one is a BIZ and the other is a COM, the COM is supposed to have Canadian content, [but how does Google knnow that], the BIZ does not.

I immediately re-entered the same search string in google-dance.com - now the three [US] servers show the same results as my google.ca search, but the google.ca search started from google-dance, does not show them in the first 10. So which google.ca does google-dance access.
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

seo-rat,
    it seems that I am the opposite of you in the sense that we are also based in canada but on Google.ca we are not in the top 10 at all but with the google-dance tool.ca we come up first for our keyword?

I also would like to know which is taken into consideration...

Piel, I had read that thread and I understand that Google provides localized results, I was just wondering which one to "believe"...I hope everyone answers back that its the google-dance server that is the most reliable

Thanks
  9. Talking Monkey

This is probably a stupid question, but I seem remember someone saying that Canadian users automatically get Google.ca results when going to Google.com. Is this true? If so, how do they determine that?

-Nate
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

by yout ip address?
  13. Talking Monkey

Fact or guess?

I suppose that would be the most likely explanation... I think I was more curious about whether or not G actually does provide localized search results regardless of domain extension.

-Nate
  15. Contributing User

Originally posted by "Sammi290"

seo-rat,
    it seems that I am the opposite of you in the sense that we are also based in canada but on Google.ca we are not in the top 10 at all but with the google-dance tool.ca we come up first for our keyword?

I also would like to know which is taken into consideration...

Piel, I had read that thread and I understand that Google provides localized results, I was just wondering which one to "believe"...I hope everyone answers back that its the google-dance server that is the most reliable

Thanks
    The one i "trust" is by using some anonymizer web site and then going to google from it, that way they theoretically can not track where you are coming from.