1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Google dance slowing down on all data centers for worst

Hello Everyone,

Thought that I would try a new thread on what is going on the Google data centers as of this moment.

For the last week, there has not been alot of dancing, but there have been about an equal amount of 2 different results on the Google data centers.

Now, just about all the Google data centers looks like they have agreed with a certain result, with just about only 3 different data centers being different.

The majority now have a really bad result. As stated in a prior thready earlier today by me, for my keyword when I searched Google last week, 2 days my site was back at #6, and the results were showing 116,000 pages for my keyword. The results were for the most part were the best I have seen since prior to the 17 Dec. 2004 Google breakdown.

The result now on the majority of the data centers is bringing up what I expected, really bad results and only 101,000 pages in the results. The pages ranking highest of course are what we all have been talking about lately (mirror sites, hardcore spam sites, directories, sites not been updated in 4 or 5 years, sites with hundreds of pages just stuffed with nothing but keywords, sites linking back to the same owner's other sites, etc.).

Google does not look like they know how to fix the problem they started back on 17 Dec. 2004.

Of course, I can follow what the top ranking sites are doing and most likely get my site back from (Never Never Land) to top 10, but to do it would be going against 100% of what Google says you are not allowed to do. But this is what the top sites are doing for my keywords.

I am not about to lose my #1 to #3 positions on the rest of the internet (MSN, Yahoo, Etc.), just to get back up on Google and then be banned from Google and all the rest of the internet for it. It is not worth it for me.

I do have to say, that the results on Yahoo and MSN are definately the better results. With MSN showing 185,290 pages in the results for my keyword with my site at #1, Yahoo showing 153,00 pages in the results for my keyword with my site at #2, and of course now that most of the data centers at Google are just about in agreement with one set of results, Google is showing 101,00 pages in the results for my keyword with my site NOWHERE to be found..

Anyone else see this?

Newcomer
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by newcomer
    Hello Everyone,

Thought that I would try a new thread on what is going on the Google data centers as of this moment.

For the last week, there has not been alot of dancing, but there have been about an equal amount of 2 different results on the Google data centers.

Now, just about all the Google data centers looks like they have agreed with a certain result, with just about only 3 different data centers being different.

The majority now have a really bad result. As stated in a prior thready earlier today by me, for my keyword when I searched Google last week, 2 days my site was back at #6, and the results were showing 116,000 pages for my keyword. The results were for the most part were the best I have seen since prior to the 17 Dec. 2004 Google breakdown.

The result now on the majority of the data centers is bringing up what I expected, really bad results and only 101,000 pages in the results. The pages ranking highest of course are what we all have been talking about lately (mirror sites, hardcore spam sites, directories, sites not been updated in 4 or 5 years, sites with hundreds of pages just stuffed with nothing but keywords, sites linking back to the same owner's other sites, etc.).

Google does not look like they know how to fix the problem they started back on 17 Dec. 2004.

Of course, I can follow what the top ranking sites are doing and most likely get my site back from (Never Never Land) to top 10, but to do it would be going against 100% of what Google says you are not allowed to do. But this is what the top sites are doing for my keywords.

I am not about to lose my #1 to #3 positions on the rest of the internet (MSN, Yahoo, Etc.), just to get back up on Google and then be banned from Google and all the rest of the internet for it. It is not worth it for me.

I do have to say, that the results on Yahoo and MSN are definately the better results. With MSN showing 185,290 pages in the results for my keyword with my site at #1, Yahoo showing 153,00 pages in the results for my keyword with my site at #2, and of course now that most of the data centers at Google are just about in agreement with one set of results, Google is showing 101,00 pages in the results for my keyword with my site NOWHERE to be found..

Anyone else see this?

Newcomer
    same here, very good ranking on msn and yahoo. nowhere on google after recent update. even when searching for my domain name (which is a very uncommon word) my site is not coming up in #1 position as it used to before. i haven;t seen anything link this before.
  5. Mr. Goober Guy ;)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I actually see a mess in all three with yahoo being the best consistently right now just for general search. That is with and without my sites included in both relevant and the messy parts...lol

Google actually appears tops for the most competitive Industry terms, but I am seeing comparable quality sites within M and Y, just not the same quantity. I do a lot of searching for low end KW's and that just might be a reflection of competition rather than a problem with g, m or y.

Google is a bit more messy than they have been in the past however. I'm gonna cut them some slack just cause I'm to tired to rant...lol

Cheers
    Cheerios!

New to SEO? See the FAQ!

My Disclaimer:
    Don't Listen To Me - I know nothing!
  7. Wine Geek

So long as the the datacenters slow enough for the next dance to start, I really don't care. The current crap shouldn't have stuck as long as it has.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Cygnus,

I agree 100% with you.

Newcomer
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

So long as the the datacenters slow enough for the next dance to start, I really don't care. The current crap shouldn't have stuck as long as it has.
    Agreed!

Drew
  13. Wine Geek

Well...along with the datacenter rotation of the two major indeces slowing, it looks like the crawling just stepped up a notch this afternoon/evening -- could be a good sign.