1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Is it Google Dance?

Hello all,

From last two weeks I am facing some issues regarding maintaining the raking for my keyword:

male enhancement (Google USA) - <snip>

Some time the ranking shows me at 2nd position of 1st page and in text few minutes it vary to almost 9th page.

I do use via Google chrome, Mozilla with Google global plug-in.
    I don't understand is it really happening with me or you guyz seeing these days for yours.
    Last edited by dzine; Jan 25th, 2013 at 03:12 AM. Reason: never link out to non-PG13 websites
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

We are seeing daily changes in Ranks on competitive keywords. Almost like Google is testing something.

Not as Competitive ranks are fairly solid.
  5. A.K.A. Grumpy Pants
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Google Dance, ahh those were the days. However lately it does seem as if it has returned, with teh way Googel is rolling out algorithms in larger versions rather than long term tweaking.

In your case I would suggest you consider the fact that you may be receiving personalized/Geo-targetted results.

The best way to check true 1-10 rankings IMO is to use AOL.com (whoa is that still around??) but yes AOl uses Google search results in the old school 1-10 pattern so it is a good indicator of where you actually lie without Google's personal and Geo-target results.

Comments on this post

• Dice79 agrees : Wow nice, didn't think about AOL
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by jhakasseo
    Hello all,

From last two weeks I am facing some issues regarding maintaining the raking for my keyword:

male enhancement (Google USA) - <snip>

Some time the ranking shows me at 2nd position of 1st page and in text few minutes it vary to almost 9th page.

I do use via Google chrome, Mozilla with Google global plug-in.
    I don't understand is it really happening with me or you guyz seeing these days for yours.
    Going with my experience, I have seen lots of changes in ranking for my certain keywords very frequently. Sometimes a keywords bags me the top 10 position and another day I could see dropped down to 8th or 9th page. Then again it comes back in a day or two. I have attached a screenshot for the keyword ranking changing courtesy Cuterank.

Even I am left with no answer on why does it happens. But sometime I does feel whether QDF has something to do with this. Well no proper answer as yet.
    Highest ranking on 26th Jan.png
    Lowest ranking on 28th.jpg

Looking at the two images you would find there is vast variation and ups & downs in ranking. Is it something you are facing with?
    Last edited by grgmathew; Jan 28th, 2013 at 02:22 AM.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

In addition to my above post, I believe it does not relate to any kind of penalty. So I don't see it as big issue.
    Last edited by grgmathew; Jan 29th, 2013 at 01:41 AM.
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by grgmathew
    Going with my experience, I have seen lots of changes in ranking for my certain keywords very frequently. Sometimes a keywords bags me the top 10 position and another day I could see dropped down to 8th or 9th page. Then again it comes back in a day or two. I have attached a screenshot for the keyword ranking changing courtesy Cuterank.

Even I am left with no answer on why does it happens. But sometime I does feel whether QDF has something to do with this. Well no proper answer as yet.
    Highest ranking on 26th Jan.png
    Lowest ranking on 28th.jpg

Looking at the two images you would find there is vast variation and ups & downs in ranking. Is it something you are facing with?
    You wouldn't believe that this is happening with me everyday and rank varying 2nd page to just after refresh some time 8th page.
    If this because of google is updating the algorithm, is they update search engine for all month?
    I don't know what is happening nor the site is penalized.
    Any solution for this?
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by spyindiashiv
    Google dance: This is when Google updates its entire database of websites, which usually occurs at the end of each months. It is called a dance because there can be a dramatic shift in the ranking as google updates some sites as being more relevant others.
    You are saying they do at the end of month but this is happening with from last month. Now its been over 30 days consistently.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Your keyword is quite a competitive one... This niche has extremely high competition and tonne of websites get live everyday. Its quite possible to gain and lose rankings frequently in this niche.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Minneapolis SEO Service

Yah! Google has danced... all SEOer got the change. I'm not sure what Google tend to test in this time. However, most of site that get bunch of link got problem. I really worry about this...I hope Google will update soon...
  19. No Profile Picture

I also felt Google dance since two weeks. Keywords ranking of My Project are also down in google.co.uk. I don't know what the actual reason to downfall of keywords.
  21. No Profile Picture

Based upon your resources, you may be able to fully optimize your site for only one or two of the major search engines. Using keyword-rich content and structure will give you an advantage on any engine, but Google, Yahoo!, Ask.com, and Bing all have their own nuances that favor certain SEO elements.