Thread: Google Dance

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Arrow Google Dance

I think Google is dancing this week-end. I noticed big changes while looking at my serps on prsearch.net so I used the Google dance tool and results are different from one server to the other. I think MSN is working on stuff too cause prsearch.net was giving better results for my keywords than what I could see on msn.com. Since I acquired a few links recently, it would only make sense that my serps improve.
  3. hctibselgoogtonmai
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Using McDar's tool I'm seeing identical results across dc's for pr, bl's and serps.
    My Favorite Tools: Web CEO - Ranking Reports, Keyword Research, Link Analysis | Hosting.com - U.S. Windows Hosting | ISAPI Rewrite - Rewrite & Redirect for Windows
  5. No Profile Picture

hmmmh... I canīt see anything. Allthough I would be very greatful about an update at the moment. For my 2 main Keywords I can see spam spam spam... The first 10 Pages are full of free subdomains (linking to the same URL) and free blogs linking to the same (domain). 90% of the page results look like this.

But Iīm afraid I canīt see an update. I thought there hasnīt been such a google dance for ages... but Iīm not a professional and I must admit Iīm a bit out of this topic. its just a hobby for me and me and google have never been "friends" *ggg*. Just started to read again and to learn again...

Sorry for my bad english. Iīm really out of practise :-( but Iīm working on it.

Vicky

Comments on this post

• Wit agrees : welcome vicky06 - for what it's worth your Enlish is way above average LOL. Please stick around and have fun.
    • Click4 agrees : Yep, welcome Vicky, and as Wit says your English is far better than many of the regulars on here who use as their native tongue :)
    • GeoffreyF67 agrees : wut talking yoo aboot? I are speeking gud english!
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Welcome to the forums Vicky.
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Originally Posted by Vicky06
    hmmmh... I canīt see anything. Allthough I would be very greatful about an update at the moment. For my 2 main Keywords I can see spam spam spam... The first 10 Pages are full of free subdomains (linking to the same URL) and free blogs linking to the same (domain). 90% of the page results look like this.

But Iīm afraid I canīt see an update. I thought there hasnīt been such a google dance for ages... but Iīm not a professional and I must admit Iīm a bit out of this topic. its just a hobby for me and me and google have never been "friends" *ggg*. Just started to read again and to learn again...

Sorry for my bad english. Iīm really out of practise :-( but Iīm working on it.

Vicky
    Welcome Vicky. You'll love this forum. There are some great people and SEO's here.

Gary
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I'm seeing it too, but only for some of my kws... its been going on for me for a t *least* a week, with my results in 4 or 5 different positions accross datacentres.... usually I see one result on some and onother on others, never 5 completely different result sets....

Its very weird, and very frustrating!
  13. No Profile Picture

Oooooooooooh THANKS for your very nice welcome :-)

I'm seeing it too, but only for some of my kws... its been going on for me for a t *least* a week, with my results in 4 or 5 different positions accross datacentres.... usually I see one result on some and onother on others, never 5 completely different result sets....
    Oh I saw this about 3 or 4 weeks ago for one of my main kw. I nearly went maaaaad. Now the results are stabil, but full of sh***. *ooops* For my kw it took google about 2 weeks to get back to some kind of "normal". So all you can do is sit back and donīt turn your PC on *ggg* and wait a while.

The only thing I did not understand yet is the thing with the new sites and daylie (word looks strange... I bet I spellt it wrong) fluctuation...

Vicky
  15. http://tinyurl.com/cz56g
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Daily fluctuation or "everflux".

The thing is that the old-fashioned (!!! only a year old !!!) Google Dance doesn't exist anymore.

Google decided to "continuously" adjust the results pages. The only things that Google updates every now and again are the Google Toolbar's pagerank indicator and the link: search results. These results won't change for months nowadays....
    ...please help me w/ the real Redscowl Bluesingsky...how2 check backlinks...now postin' @ SEO Refugee ...
    ·`)~ LOL now that I finally have a paypal account, I'm charging 19,- for SEO advice via PM. Seriously...
  17. No Profile Picture

Daily
    yes oooh thanks :-)

yep thats what I could see. As far as I could see new pages are indexed within 2 days. Iīm not sure how long the new pages will be declared as "new". Some of them stay on top, some donīt... Especially free subdomains and free blogs with 100% dublicate content stay on top for my main kw at the moment, which is really frustrating. I also ask myself what is the difference between the subdomains .xx.yy and .xy.yx - I thought they all use the same way of redirection. Hmmmh I guess I was wrong.

Oh I guess my text is getting off topic. Sorry netmar!!!

Vicky
    Last edited by Vicky06; Aug 13th, 2005 at 12:03 PM.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Google is serving up SERP's from different DC's, depending upon where you are and the amount of traffic into their DC's.

The best way to know is to put your cursor over the cache and you can see which DC Google is serving up. You may find that it is different DC's through-out the day.
  21. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by Wit
    Daily fluctuation or "everflux".
    The thing is that the old-fashioned (!!! only a year old !!!) Google Dance doesn't exist anymore.
    Google decided to "continuously" adjust the results pages. The only things that Google updates every now and again are the Google Toolbar's pagerank indicator and the link: search results. These results won't change for months nowadays....
    Yep! The new order of things…
    raz
    #include <Cognac.h> -The only code I know How to Write!
  23. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Vicky06

If search results for your keywords are showing free domains and blogs with duplicate content ... there is an answer!

Googleguy sayz ...
    Report 'em via the spam report form if the sites are doing wholesale duplication in a spammy way.

http://www.google.com/contact/spamreport.html

If it's YOUR content, a properly-formed DMCA complaint is the correct way to assert your copyright:

http://www.google.com/dmca.html

But whenever possible, I recommend going to the site that's copying your content first and trying to solve it at the source. Even if you file a DMCA complaint to Google, other search engines may find the copies as well.

Finally, if the site seems scuzzy/scraperly to you, use

http://www.google.com/support

to report it in addition to using the spam report form.
  25. No Profile Picture

Googleguy sayz ...
    Well I can try it again with the spam report but I donīt believe it makes a difference.

Thanks anyway :-)

Vicky
  27. Website Design Pro
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

google is ALWAYS dancing, this is why it is called a search engine, you move ahead of your competitors, those competitors move across/next to eachother etc etc, it is a never ending cycle, it is ever-so normal and actually a good thing if you use it to your advantage