1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google changing indexing procedures ...

I've noticed in several different threads that webmasters are reporting various phenomenon regarding Google's results pages. I therefore went and did a thorough search of all of my Google indexed pages (took a long time ...) but found many changes that I would not have normally seen before today. Over 100 pages across five of my sites have been 'added' to the Google index. These are pages that have been created within the last 7 days and are already listed in Google with accompanying Pagerank. Around 5 pages have been added without any Pagerank (PR0).

I realise fresh content can be added but these are pages that did not exist until 7 days ago and now they are already listed and bringing in visitors. I'M NOT COMPLAINING!! But does anyone have any ideas? Is anyone experiencing any weird behaviour by Google this month?

IH
  3. Moderator
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Freshbot is the responsible party ...
    http://www.seochat.com/viewtopic.php?t=175

Gringo.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

internetheaven,

Gringo hit it on the head...the responsible party is what is known as freshbot (if you have access to your logs and they show the browser type IP number look for this string 64.68.82....you may have to look at your raw logs...it's easy to do and you can spot googlebot in a flash)

I believe that Google is unleashing freshbot on a more regular basis (at least my logs show this) with the intent to create more dynamic SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages)...possible on a daily basis...so if you are being found by freshbot and indexed make sure you keep fresh content rotated on those pages frequently....also the PR could just be freshbots guess....probably will solidify when deepbot (the monthly bot or there about) crawls your site and verifies and validates your inbound link relationships..

Good luck..

decaff
  7. Contributing User

I would like to see freshbot given a bit more authority. Google is still actually fresher than some indexes but is falling behind now that most search engines now use paid inclusion with frequent updates. That means that the top ten listings are generally updated fully every 2-3 days. If Google could match that I think it would get back some of the surfers it has lost to these fresher engines.

IH