Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
    #1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    0

    Google can't crawled my Title


    When i search for my particular keyword,i have found that Google can't get my Meta Title and not displaying in SERP.Means whatever title i put in meta tag has not been displayed by Google,different Title has been displayed in SERP.So tell me what i have to do?
  2. #2
  3. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    sharing a room with my ego
    Posts
    5,802
    Rep Power
    1841
    It depends on WHY your site cannot be crawled.

    robots.txt mistake??
    .htaccess file incorrect???
    DNS issue????
    server down?????
    (...)
  4. #3
  5. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN, USA
    Posts
    4,210
    Rep Power
    979
    Google will sometimes change the title and description (even if you have it correctly in your meta data) displayed based on the keyword search if they feel there is a more appropriate or relevant one to use. Sometimes they use a snippet of data from your site. This is also effected by your search history and whether or not you are logged into a Google Account or have any Google Tools / Toolbar installed.

    The fact that you don't come up for your keyword doesn't mean they aren't crawling it or that they don't have it in their index.

    Search for site:mydomain.com and also search for the exact URL and then view their cache of it.
    Also, find any result for the URL in question and view the cached site.

    You will most likely see that they do have all of your data, but they just chose to display it differently based on your query.

    Comments on this post

    • Ann Smarty agrees
  6. #4
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by tstolber
    Google will sometimes change the title and description (even if you have it correctly in your meta data) displayed based on the keyword search if they feel there is a more appropriate or relevant one to use. Sometimes they use a snippet of data from your site. This is also effected by your search history and whether or not you are logged into a Google Account or have any Google Tools / Toolbar installed.

    The fact that you don't come up for your keyword doesn't mean they aren't crawling it or that they don't have it in their index.

    Search for site:mydomain.com and also search for the exact URL and then view their cache of it.
    Also, find any result for the URL in question and view the cached site.

    You will most likely see that they do have all of your data, but they just chose to display it differently based on your query.
    Yes tstolber, i know what are you talking about but can you please tell me what i have to do to to overcome from this?
  8. #5
  9. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,274
    Rep Power
    1965
  10. #6
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by Test-ok
    what your url?
    Sorry i can't disclose it.. can you give me the solution without it?
  12. #7
  13. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Clifton Park, New York
    Posts
    676
    Rep Power
    490
    Google rolled our "Better titles" a year ago and you are not the only one who isn't happy with it: Official Google Webmaster Central Blog: Better page titles in search results

    Do you see any suggestions from them in Google Webmaster Tools:

    we try to notify webmasters when we discover titles that can be improved on their websites through the HTML Suggestions feature in Webmaster Tools; you can find this feature in the Diagnostics section of the menu on the left hand side.
    Everything will be ok in the end

    If it's not ok, it's not the end
  14. #8
  15. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    634
    Rep Power
    473
    Originally Posted by jeremyclark
    Yes tstolber, i know what are you talking about but can you please tell me what i have to do to to overcome from this?
    Pop your URL in here:
    Google Structured Data Testing Tool

    And you will see exactly what Google says in the section where your meta description used to show:
    "The excerpt from the page will show up here. The reason we can't show text from your webpage is because the text depends on the query the user types."

    It does the same messing around with the Title. Google knows best, hard cheese all of us along with all the time we waste thinking "did I write that title tag" and scurrying off to check!!!
    Learn SEO and Online Marketing with Doodleddoes or follow me on Google+ at https://plus.google.com/+TimHillDoodled/
  16. #9
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by Ann Smarty
    Google rolled our "Better titles" a year ago and you are not the only one who isn't happy with it: Official Google Webmaster Central Blog: Better page titles in search results

    Do you see any suggestions from them in Google Webmaster Tools:
    No,Ann
    I did not received any suggestion in webmaster tools..
  18. #10
  19. No Profile Picture
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    i've seen this too where Google changes the title to suit themselves. I haven't seen it happen a lot but I have seen it. Also sometimes it can pull the title from DMOZ.
  20. #11
  21. No Profile Picture
    Registered User

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    without name of the website no one can tell exactly what happened with your title? bcz I have been touch with google last 10 years and I strongly say that if your website is maximum 1 year old and if you did not do anything then google automatically visit and index website. its myth fact.
  22. #12
  23. No Profile Picture
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Mumbai India
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    The main reason can be "robot.txt" or may be due to some coding errors!!
    Also do check the capitalization errors.
    good luck
  24. #13
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by jimmysems
    without name of the website no one can tell exactly what happened with your title? bcz I have been touch with google last 10 years and I strongly say that if your website is maximum 1 year old and if you did not do anything then google automatically visit and index website. its myth fact.
    I am continue with my website to update it on daily base.Also i post the blog and fresh content on it on regular time of interval.
  26. #14
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by 0johnlewis0
    The main reason can be "robot.txt" or may be due to some coding errors!!
    Also do check the capitalization errors.
    good luck
    robots.txt and coding errors? How? Can you explain it?
  28. #15
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    0
    Friends, I am still facing the same issue and couldn't get the answer from here. Pls help me
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

Similar Threads

  1. Site title appended to post title in google analytics
    By pkubin in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jun 26th, 2011, 02:09 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 8th, 2009, 09:53 PM
  3. Google & Title (Long title or sort title)
    By samirvohra1980 in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Aug 29th, 2008, 03:59 AM
  4. Need my sites crawled by google
    By smaaz in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: May 23rd, 2005, 12:16 PM
  5. Do .php pages get crawled by google?
    By callenb in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Aug 29th, 2003, 09:26 PM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo